[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Info-Atari8 Digest V87 #95

MEAD.WBST311@XEROX.COM (11/20/87)

GVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGV
Subject: Info-Atari8 Digest V87 #95
From: Info-Atari8 Digest <Info-Atari8@Score.Stanford.EDU>
To: Info-Atari8 Distribution List: ;
Maint-Path: Info-Atari8-request@Score.Stanford.EDU
GVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGVGV

Info-Atari8 Digest   Tuesday, November  3, 1987   Volume 87 : Issue 95

This weeks Editor: Bill Westfield

Today's Topics:

                       compilers for Atari 8bit
                Re: FROST and Turbo BASIC questions...
                            Several things
    Turbo BASIC runtime and compiler compatibility with SpartaDOS.
                          cc8 documentation
                           1050 disk format

Date: 30 Oct 87 23:49:36 GMT
From: pyramid!fmsrl7!nucleus!krastes@LLL-LCC.ARPA  (David Krastes)
Subject: compilers for Atari 8bit
To: info-atari8@score.stanford.edu

I have a 130XE with  320K ram  and I am interested in programing it but
basic is not the language of my choice for any real programing what
languages are there available? what public domain conpilers are out for
this machine (not including basic compilers) I would be expecialy
interested in ones that use the extra memory. If there are any good
pascal compilers I would appreciate it if someone would mail me a copy
Thank you

------------------------------

Date: 1 Nov 87 01:18:06 GMT
From: aramis.rutgers.edu!knutsen@rutgers.edu  (Mark Knutsen)
Subject: Re: FROST and Turbo BASIC questions...
To: info-atari8@score.stanford.edu

In article <8710292249.AA12047@mitre-bedford.ARPA> jhs@MITRE-BEDFORD.ARPA writes:

> Does anybody know if the Turbo BASIC compiler and runtime system work
>
>     (a) on an 800 or upgraded 400?
Yes.  There is a special 800-only version.

>     (b) on an XL/XE under SpartaDOS or DOS-XL or any other
> 	DOS that uses portions of the RAM under ROM?
Perhaps the 800 version will, but the XL version won't.
--
_________________________________ Jersey    |||  _____________________________
ARPA: knutsen@rutgers.edu       |    Atari / | \ | GEnie GE Mail: M.KNUTSEN

------------------------------

Date: Mon, 2 Nov 87 16:35 EST
From: John R. Dunning <jrd@stony-brook.scrc.symbolics.com>
Subject: Several things
To: Info-Atari8@score.stanford.edu

A while ago, I posted an upgraded, bug-fixed etc version of Kermit-65.
I haven't seen it appear in the archives, nor have I seen any mail about
it.  Does anyone know what happened?  Did it disappear into hyperspace?
I'll repost it if so.

Second thing:  I'm whipping up a new assembler for use in the C compiler
project, and was wondering what sort of macro syntax anyone prefers?
In particular, what does MAC/65 do?  I gather from reading mail that a
number of folk like that one.  Any other favorites?  Any particular
kinds of macro capabilities in demand?

Finally, in digging back thru old mail, I discovered a rumor that
someone was going to come up with a relocatable object format.  I
haven't seen anything about it since; does anyone have any info about
such a thing?  If not, I'll finish my own design and use that.

Thanks for any feedback.

------------------------------

Posted-From: The MITRE Corp., Bedford, MA
To: info-atari8@score.stanford.edu
Subject: Turbo BASIC runtime and compiler compatibility with SpartaDOS.
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 87 18:19:00 EST
From: jhs@mitre-bedford.ARPA

Thanks to John DiMarco for supplying the following information.
-John Sangster, jhs@mitre-bedford.arpa
Date: 2 Nov 87 18:25:02 GMT
From: spdcc!m2c!ulowell!cg-atla!saulnier@husc6.harvard.edu  (Jim Saulnier X7097)
Subject: cc8 documentation
To: info-atari8@score.stanford.edu

Could the author/distributor of the "cc8" C compiler please repost
the documentation of same? I have searched my entire account and it
seems to be gone. (Our system does that sometimes....takes things with
it when it crashes, which is often, unfortunately.)

Many thanx.
--
Jim Saulnier

...!{decvax,ima,ism780c,ulowell,cgeuro,cg-f}!cg-atla!saulnier
"Wow, it never did THAT before."

------------------------------

Date:  3 Nov 87 10:41 PST
From: Jeff Makey <Makey@LOGICON.ARPA>
To: info-atari8@SCORE.STANFORD.EDU
Subject: 1050 disk format

I am writing an exerciser for my (unmodified) Atari 1050 disk drive,
and I would like to know what the "worst cast" pattern is that I should
write to the disk to test for bad media.

For the uninitiated, the worst case pattern is like alternating ones
and zeroes, except that the particular method of encoding the ones and
zeroes on the disk may mean that a different pattern is actually the
"worst" case.  Thus, even if you don't know which pattern is worst you
could help me if you could tell me how ones and zeroes are physically
stored on the disk.  Thanks in advance.

                       :: Jeff Makey
                          Makey@LOGICON.ARPA

End of Info-Atari8 Digest