[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Larry Flynt buys ANALOG???

jhs@MITRE-BEDFORD.ARPA (02/02/88)

I can't resist commenting that I could see Flynt buying "ANTIC", possibly
because he thought the name would be appropriate for one of HIS kind of
magazines.  But ANALOG???

Reminds me of a true incident, back in the days before everyone had home
computers or interest in computer magazines, when a friend of mine recommended
to the company librarian and her assistant that they get a subscription for
the library to Byte Magazine.  They both gave him a funny look and asked,
"What is that, one of those girlie magazines?"

It really happened, s'help me!

-John Sangster, jhs@mitre-bedford.arpa

dsmith@hplabsb.UUCP (David Smith) (02/03/88)

In article <8802011837.AA03817@mitre-bedford.ARPA>, jhs@MITRE-BEDFORD.ARPA writes:
> I can't resist commenting that I could see Flynt buying "ANTIC", possibly
> because he thought the name would be appropriate for one of HIS kind of
> magazines.  But ANALOG???
>
> Reminds me of a true incident, back in the days before everyone had home
> computers or interest in computer magazines, when a friend of mine recommended
> to the company librarian and her assistant that they get a subscription for
> the library to Byte Magazine.  They both gave him a funny look and asked,
> "What is that, one of those girlie magazines?"
>
> It really happened, s'help me!
>
> -John Sangster, jhs@mitre-bedford.arpa

Then there is Unix World.

		David Smith
		dsmith@hplabs

jpdres13@usl-pc.UUCP (John Joubert) (02/12/88)

------

I tried to call their offices today, and still no answer even though
an interview with Lee H. Pappas indicated that they would be shipping at
the end of Jan.

John Joubert                         |     /\  |    /\    |     _
jpdres13@usl-pc.USL                  |     \|<>|>|> \|<>|>|><`|`|
ut-sally!usl-pc!jpdres13             |     \/       \/