[comp.sys.atari.8bit] OSS Pascal bugs

kimes@ihlpe.ATT.COM (Kit Kimes) (02/12/88)

In article <327@stag.UUCP>, trb@stag.UUCP ( Todd Burkey ) writes:

> In a recent article, someone at irisa.UUCP writes:
> >
> >But recently I had a strange talk with a french large reseller, who told
> >me that, according to his U.S. dealer, OSS P.P. no longer exist and that
> >now it was Alice The Personal Pascal !
>
> Really doubt this, since I have heard from 3 sources that ICD is in
> the progress of buying OSS. And one source says that it has already
> happened. I really hope this is true, since that should improve the
> integrity of OSS Pascal a lot (unless ICD concentrates more on the 8
> bit OSS products first, since that is where the money probably still
> is.)

The following article was contained in Ron Kovacs' national Zmagazine,
Issue 91 (latest, I think).  I am reproducing it in its entirety without
comment, so you can draw your own conclusions.  I know at least one
person here on the net has mixed feelings about ICD, but I think as a
whole, they have been good for Atari owners (esp. 8bit owners).

					Kit Kimes
					AT&T--Information Systems Labs
					...ihnp4!ihlpe!kimes

                               ZMAGAZINE NEWSWIRE

DATELINE: 1-27-88

   *GOOD NEWS FOR ATARI OWNERS!*

ICD, Inc. and OSS, Inc. (Optimized Systems Software) have just signed an
agreement which will "add new life to all Atari computers". Under this
agreement, ICD will add the manufacture, marketing, and support of
all current OSS software titles for Atari computers to ICD's already
powerful Atari product line.

ICD's friendly, helpful staff is now trained in all aspects of support for
the complete OSS product line including:

     MAC/65
     MAC/65 Toolkit
     ACTION!
     ACTION! Toolkit
     BASIC XL
     BASIC XL Toolkit
     BASIC XE
     Writer's Tool
     DOS XL
     Personal PASCAL for the Atari ST

Ordering and support for ICD/OSS products are available by calling
815/968-2228 from 8AM to 5PM CST Monday through Friday. Support is also
available 24 hours a day 7 days a week on the following Electronic Bulletin
Boards:

ICD/OSS BBS 815/968-2229 300-9600 baud, CompuServe,GEnie,
Delphi, and BIX.  ICD's 24 hour FAX is connected to 815/968-6888.

The San Jose, CA  numbers for OSS will no longer be providing support. Orders
for OSS products may be placed now.  All products will be shipping in
quantities soon.  For more information call any of our product support lines
or write to:

     ICD/OSS
     1220 Rock Street
     Rockford, IL  61101