[comp.sys.atari.8bit] forwarded message re news postings.

ravi@mcnc.org (Ravi Subrahmanyan) (03/03/88)

#From: mcvax!lasso!ralph@uunet.UU.NET (Ralph P. Sobek)
#To: info-atari16-request@score.stanford.edu
#Subject: Truncated Info-Atari16 Digests
#Cc: info-atari16@score.stanford.edu
#
#I have just recovered #60 from one of the BITNET servers, and I found out
#why, in that case and probably more generally, the file was truncated in the
#initial version sent to me.  The problem was due to a lone period (.) at
#the beginning of a line!!  Some USENET (i.e., UNIX) mailers use exactly
#*that* representation to terminate a message.
#
#Is it possible to filter out such lines or precede them with "\" as do some
#other digests, before sending the digest out over the netwaves?
#
#Thanks in advance,
#
#	Ralph P. Sobek
#
#p.s.  For contributors, would you please desist in putting such lines (".")
#into your communications.
#