[comp.sys.atari.8bit] C compilers

euloth@dalcsug.UUCP (Glenn Euloth) (02/19/88)

Roger, (and anyone else who doesn't know)

>   Does anyone have any info on, or experience with, c compilers
>   for the 8 bit?  I've seen antic's ad for deep blue c and I recall
>   that oss had "tiny c" at one time.  How extensive are the libraries
>   with these compilers?   Any help appreciated.
>
>   Roger Cornelius

	About the C compilers.  There is a public domain version of C for
  the 8-bit Atari.  It is known as Ace C.  It is an upgrade of Deep Blue
  C that got put into the public domain (ie.  It is ***FREE!!!***)  If
  there is enough requests for a re-posting then I am sure it will get
  re-posted.  If there is only two or three people then a direct mailing
  might be in order.  Let your desires be known and I'll see what I can
  do.
* euloth@dalcsug.uucp  || Disclaimer: All opinions are my own unless other-   *
* /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ ||             wise noted.			      *
****AKA: Atari Nut*************************************************************

baba@opus.uucp (Duane Hentrich) (02/23/88)

In article <353@dalcsug.UUCP> euloth@dalcsug.UUCP (Glenn Euloth) writes:
>	About the C compilers.  There is a public domain version of C for
>  the 8-bit Atari.  It is known as Ace C.  It is an upgrade of Deep Blue
>  C that got put into the public domain (ie.  It is ***FREE!!!***)  If
>  there is enough requests for a re-posting then I am sure it will get
>  re-posted.  If there is only two or three people then a direct mailing
>  might be in order.  Let your desires be known and I'll see what I can
>  do.

I vote for a repost.  If not mail me a copy.  Source is preferable.

d'baba Duane Hentrich

Claimer: These are only opinions since everything I know is wrong.
Copyright notice: If you're going to copy it, copy it right.

gdtltr@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Gary D Duzan) (02/24/88)

In article <1580@tymix.UUCP> baba@opus.UUCP (Duane Hentrich) writes:
>In article <353@dalcsug.UUCP> euloth@dalcsug.UUCP (Glenn Euloth) writes:
>>	About the C compilers.  There is a public domain version of C for
>>  the 8-bit Atari.  It is known as Ace C.  It is an upgrade of Deep Blue
>>  C that got put into the public domain (ie.  It is ***FREE!!!***)  If
>>  there is enough requests for a re-posting then I am sure it will get
>>  re-posted.  If there is only two or three people then a direct mailing
>>  might be in order.  Let your desires be known and I'll see what I can
>>  do.
>
>I vote for a repost.  If not mail me a copy.  Source is preferable.

   I am all for having it reposted. It would also be great to have the docs
and/or the source code for it. Thanx.

						  Gary Duzan
						  Time  Lord
                                              Third Regeneration
                                           Atari Enthusiast Extreme

kimes@ihlpe.ATT.COM (Kit Kimes) (02/24/88)

In article <1580@tymix.UUCP>, baba@opus.uucp (Duane Hentrich) writes:
| In article <353@dalcsug.UUCP> euloth@dalcsug.UUCP (Glenn Euloth) writes:
| >	About the C compilers.  There is a public domain version of C for
| >  the 8-bit Atari.  It is known as Ace C.  It is an upgrade of Deep Blue
| >  C that got put into the public domain (ie.  It is ***FREE!!!***)  If
| >  there is enough requests for a re-posting then I am sure it will get
| >  re-posted.  If there is only two or three people then a direct mailing
| >  might be in order.  Let your desires be known and I'll see what I can
| >  do.
|
| I vote for a repost.  If not mail me a copy.  Source is preferable.

Please, if we must post a C compiler, lets post the best, CC8 by Steve
Kennedy.  Steve, if you have updated it at all or plan to in the near
future, add your two cents worth here.  No use in posting Ace C for new
users.  Of course, you will still need all the linkers, etc that usually
come on the Ace C PD disk, since CC8 is just the compiler.

					Kit Kimes
					AT&T--Information Systems Labs
					...ihnp4!ihlpe!kimes

steve@slovax.UUCP (Steve Cook) (02/25/88)

In article <353@dalcsug.UUCP> euloth@dalcsug.UUCP (Glenn Euloth) writes:
>	About the C compilers.  There is a public domain version of C for
>  the 8-bit Atari.  It is known as Ace C.  It is an upgrade of Deep Blue
>  C that got put into the public domain (ie.  It is ***FREE!!!***)  If
>  there is enough requests for a re-posting then I am sure it will get
>  re-posted.  If there is only two or three people then a direct mailing
>  might be in order.  Let your desires be known and I'll see what I can
>  do.

    Yeah!!!  Please post!!!  Or email me a copy.  Thanks.

--
Disclaimer: I have no opinions.  RDA has a lot.   Non-intersecting set.
{psivax,ism780}!logico!slovax!steve  :  {hplsla,uw-beaver}!tikal!slovax!steve

swklassen@trillium.waterloo.edu (Steven W. Klassen) (02/25/88)

>>In article <353@dalcsug.UUCP> euloth@dalcsug.UUCP (Glenn Euloth) writes:
>>>	About the C compilers.  There is a public domain version of C for
>>>  the 8-bit Atari.  It is known as Ace C.  It is an upgrade of Deep Blue
>>>  C that got put into the public domain (ie.  It is ***FREE!!!***)  If
>>>  there is enough requests for a re-posting then I am sure it will get
>>>  re-posted.  If there is only two or three people then a direct mailing
>>>  might be in order.  Let your desires be known and I'll see what I can
>>>  do.

I've already got it but would appreciate the docs and source.  Would
especially like the docs for the floating point routines.

Steven Klassen
Computer Science Major
University of Waterloo

gdtltr@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Gary D Duzan) (02/25/88)

In article <2680@ihlpe.ATT.COM> kimes@ihlpe.ATT.COM (Kit Kimes) writes:
>Please, if we must post a C compiler, lets post the best, CC8 by Steve
>Kennedy.  Steve, if you have updated it at all or plan to in the near
>future, add your two cents worth here.  No use in posting Ace C for new
>users.  Of course, you will still need all the linkers, etc that usually
>come on the Ace C PD disk, since CC8 is just the compiler.

   Well, whatever is best. In any case, I would need the related stuff. I have
some DBC stuff, but I'm not sure it all is correct. Maybe one big ARCed file
would be good. Uuencoded, of course. Any other opinions?

						 Gary Duzan
						 Time  Lord
                                             Third Regeneration
                                          Atari Enthusiast Extreme

john1233@csd4.milw.wisc.edu (Thomas M Johnson) (02/26/88)

In article <2680@ihlpe.ATT.COM> kimes@ihlpe.ATT.COM (Kit Kimes) writes:
>Of course, you will still need all the linkers, etc that usually
>come on the Ace C PD disk, since CC8 is just the compiler.

I vote for the repost too. I have the cc8 compiler but not the
Ace C runtime engine needed to use it.

                                Tom Johnson
                         john1233@csd4.milw.wisc.edu

swklassen@trillium.waterloo.edu (Steven W. Klassen) (03/13/88)

Much has been said about posting C compilers.  I have both CC8 and ACEC
(although I do not have the capability to post them at this time) and
I consider CC8 to be the better of the two.  However, reference has been
made to some floating point being available with ACEC.  I do not have
the docs for this compiler so I would appreciate it if someone would
fill be in on just how to use this.  If possible, it would be nice if
someone would e-mail me the docs for ACEC.

Thanks

Steven Klassen
Computer Science Major
University of Waterloo