[comp.sys.atari.8bit] DM formats

kimes@ihlpe.ATT.COM (Kit Kimes) (03/16/88)

In article <483@nunki.usc.edu>, rjung@castor.usc.edu (Robert Jung) writes:

>   Just a divergent tangent, but what other systems is DM avaliable for?
> I know that FTL's SUNDOG was avaliable for the Apple II a long, long time
> ago (rumor has it an 8-bit Atari version of Sundog was also made, but...),
> but I haven't heard about Mac/IBM/Amiga/whatever else versions of DM.

As a long time Atari 8bit owner, I watch the software scene pretty closely.
If an 8bit version of Sundog was ever developed, it was never released.
This is not too uncommon.  Just last year Microprose announced that the
game Pirates was essencially done (this was at last years CES) and that
it would be released soon.  Here it is almost a year later and still not
released.  Maybe they figure they can never make enough money to make it
worth while but I find that hard to believe.  It seems the actual programming
time is the single biggest investment.

My favorite rumor, though, is regarding Infocom's Bureaucracy.  I really
want that game in the 8bit version and was delighted when it was actually
reviewed in an issue of Analog last summer/fall.  Infocom sweares that
no such animal exists and that it is too large to make available for the
Atari 8bit.  What a blow!

					Kit Kimes
					AT&T--Information Systems Labs
					...ihnp4!ihlpe!kimes