[comp.sys.atari.8bit] ANALOG's recent issue

python@pnet01.cts.com (Greg Scribner) (04/18/88)

u-jleigh%pfeifferhorn.utah.edu@utah-gr.UUCP (Jason Leigh) writes:
>I have just received the April issue of ANALOG Computing and must
>say I was very disappointed.

My sentiments exactly.

wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) (04/19/88)

Do you mean the *May* issue? That's the one I just received a few
days ago. There was only one aspect that I was disappointed with-
the advertising. There was almost none to speak of. Normally, that
would be a plus, except that with how hard it is to find Atari
stuff in stores, I rely on the mail order places advertising in
Analog and Antic. Anybody know what the scoop is on the lack of
advertising in this issue?
Oh yes, also...the "Busy Buddy Express" program listing is something
I'd definitely like to have. BUT...I just typed it in before, and
while it seems to work fine with Atari Dos 2.5, it does NOT work
with SpartaDos (at least not 2.3). Under Sparta, it loads and appears
to "work", but control never gets returned to DOS, hence you can't
load Express!  Anybody else confirm/deny this? And has anybody
found a fix to make it work with Sparta is this is the case?

				-Ray

wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu

wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) (04/19/88)

singer@XN.LL.MIT.EDU (Matthew R. Singer) (04/20/88)

wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) writes...

>Do you mean the *May* issue? That's the one I just received a few
>days ago. There was only one aspect that I was disappointed with-
>the advertising. There was almost none to speak of. Normally, that
>would be a plus, except that with how hard it is to find Atari
>stuff in stores, I rely on the mail order places advertising in
>Analog and Antic. Anybody know what the scoop is on the lack of
>advertising in this issue?
>

>				-Ray

I think many advertisers are quite pissed at Analog.  Back in August,
we contracted for the November issue (Christmas ads...).  We were
never notified when the issue did not come out.  Then, when they
finally put one out in April... There was our November ad.  They
never told us it was coming out, or ask if we wanted to use the
same ad or even if we still wanted to be in it.  Didn't even
get a copy of the magazine.  Just a bill for an insertion in the
April issue when we never ordered one!

For one thing, we had a price increase and there is an ad we
didn't want with last year's pricing....

Great way to keep advertisers happy...

Matt Singer
Commnet Systems