[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Dirt-cheap 1200 baud

rjung@sal13.usc.edu (Robert Jung) (04/21/88)

In article <14999@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> bdb@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Brian David Bisson) writes:
>... As well as somewhere to pick up a 1200+ baud modem cheaper
>than 100 bucks.

  Have you considered thet Avatex line? I picked up a used Avatex 1200 bauder
for $55 (grin). No fancy features, a little bit of a pain to switch to
300 baud, but I like it and it doesn't blow up in my face...

  Just trying to help,
						--R.J.
						B-)
Bitnet: rjung@castor.usc.edu              "Who needs an Amiga?"    = == =
                                                                   = == =
                  Power WithOUT the Price                          = == =
   Just because it's 8-bits doesn't make it obsolete.          ====  ==  ====

bdb@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Brian David Bisson) (04/22/88)

Thanks for the info.  Any pointers as to what line of dealerrs might distribute
these Avetex Modoms?  The atari scene here in Gainesville is really lame.  Not
much in the way of info nor hardware here...

Thanks

--
In Real Life:		      UUCP:{codas|gatech}!uflorida!beach.cis.ufl.edu!bdb
Brian D. Bisson               Internet: bdb@beach.cis.ufl.edu