[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Xf551 drive

P4O@PSUVMA.BITNET (04/25/88)

Hello All.
I have the 256K upgraded 800XL and I use MYDos 4.3B to run my ramdisk.
Will this new drive work with this dos?  If so,are their any other
problems with them.

gdtltr@vax1.acs.udel.EDU (Gary D Duzan) (04/27/88)

In article <40321P4O@PSUVMA> P4O@PSUVMA.BITNET writes:
>Hello All.
>I have the 256K upgraded 800XL and I use MYDos 4.3B to run my ramdisk.
>Will this new drive work with this dos?  If so,are their any other
>problems with them.

   It should work fine with MyDOS. It is just a matter of going through
the configuration stuff. If the docs that come with the drive are any
good at all, the configuration should be no problem.

				   Gary Duzan
				   Time  Lord
                               Third Regeneration
                            Atari Enthusiast Extreme
				 Ex-MyDOS  User
                            Currently SpartaDOS Fan

p.s. Anyone have any word on SpartaDOS X??? If it does all they claim
it will do, I will snatch it up immediately.

euloth@dalcsug.UUCP (George Seto) (05/02/88)

In article <40321P4O@PSUVMA>, P4O@PSUVMA.BITNET writes:
> Hello All.
> Will this new drive work with this dos?  If so,are their any other
> problems with them.

I was on a BBS in New York last night and saw several messages that
indicates Flight Sim won't work with the new drives.

HAven't confirmed this as yet. So until I do, this is just a rumour.

Does anyone else know of this problem and if there is a fix? The consensus
on this bbs was that there was NO fix forthcoming.

* euloth@dalcsug.uucp  || Disclaimer: All opinions are my own unless other-   *