[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Atari 400 games carts and ANTIC mag in pittsburgh

fac@cisunx.UUCP (Felix Cutruzzula ) (04/28/88)

I am looking for Atari 400 game carts via mail order or directly
buying them.  I also heard that there is a catalog of game carts
in the current issue of ANTIC mag from a California based company
which has 400 game carts in stock.  I want star-raiders especially,
but not limited to that particular one.  Where in Pittsburgh can you
buy this mag.  I have called a lot of places and none seem to have
it.  Any help on these topics would be greatly appreciated.  Thanx.

Felix

fac@pittvms	                                                :bitnet
fac@vms.cis.pittsburgh.edu	                                :internet
{allegra,bellcore,cadre,psuvax1}!pitt!cisunx!cisvms!fac 	:uucp

kimes@ihlpe.ATT.COM (Kit Kimes) (05/05/88)

In article <9199@cisunx.UUCP>, fac@cisunx.UUCP (Felix Cutruzzula   ) writes:

> I am looking for Atari 400 game carts via mail order or directly
> buying them.  I also heard that there is a catalog of game carts
> in the current issue of ANTIC mag from a California based company
> which has 400 game carts in stock.  I want star-raiders especially,
> but not limited to that particular one.  Where in Pittsburgh can you
> buy this mag.  I have called a lot of places and none seem to have
> it.  Any help on these topics would be greatly appreciated.  Thanx.

Felix,

I tried to mail this response, but as usual, it bombed.  Might be of
interest to others also, so I am posting it.  Got to keep the activity
level here high enough to stay in existance anyway :-).

ANTIC is usually available in all the big Bookstores such as Crown, B. Dalton,
Waldenbooks and a lot of news stands that carry any of the computer magazines.
I don't know how available that makes them in Pittsburgh, but they are
readily available here in Chicago area.

For you information, here are a couple of sources that carry Atari computer
cartridges.  Call them and they might be able to read you off the list of
what they have or send you a listing.  Don't forget that the XE Game System
cartridges will work in the Atari 400 (except Flight Simulator) and they
are available at Toys R Us and other big toy stores.

	American Techna-Vision
	15338 Inverness St.
	San Leandro, CA 94579
	(415)-352-3787
	[They have a lot of repair parts for the 8bit Atari's also]

	Electronic One
	P.O. Box 13428
	Columbus, Ohio 43213
	(614)-864-9994
	[Their ad hasn't been for a couple of issues, but they had a long
	list of cartridge software, so I'd call to see if they are still
	in business]

Hope this helps...

					Kit Kimes
					AT&T--Information Systems Labs