[comp.sys.atari.8bit] disk to tape program

89_LOZIE@UNION.BITNET (05/21/88)

I am getting desperate for the program that will allow me to copy any file from
my disk drive to my tape drive.  IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME OUT I REALY WOULD APPREIC
IATE IT.  (my brother is driving me banana's) please help if you can.  you can s
end e-mail to 89_lozierp@union.

                thank you,
                paul lozier

hans@umd5.umd.edu (Hans Breitenlohner) (05/23/88)

In article <8805210338.AA11194@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU> 89_LOZIE@UNION.BITNET writes:
>I am getting desperate for the program that will allow me to copy any file from
>my disk drive to my tape drive.  ...
>                paul lozier

As far as I know there is no reason why you could not use the DOS
'copy file' command, and give C: as output file name.  Alternatively,
a simple Basic program could also be used:
  10 OPEN #1,4,0,"D:whatever"
  20 OPEN #2,8,0,"C:"
  40 GET #1,X
  50 PUT #2,X
  60 GOTO 40
 200 CLOSE #1
 210 CLOSE #2
 220 END
This would be a bit slower, but should work.

If you are talking about copying boot disks, as opposed to DOS files, things
get a whole lot more complicated, and you won't find a general purpose
program to do this job for you.