[comp.sys.atari.8bit] GIF

SHAFFERJ@BKNLVMS.BITNET ("Jim Shaffer, Jr.") (07/08/88)

An Atari 8-bit GIF viewer is on CompuServe.
I haven't downloaded it yet, though.
If I should happen to download it (I don't have much use for it right now),
I'll try to uuencode it and post it.
I'm assuming that it's public-domain, since it's in their data libraries.
But then again, Antic has files in Compu$erve's data libraries and they're
not PD.

Don't look for me to post it soon, though. As I said above, I don't have a
use for it. Also note the substitution for 'S' in CompuServe a few lines
above :-)

njd@ihlpm.ATT.COM (DiMasi) (07/09/88)

> An Atari 8-bit GIF viewer is on CompuServe.

Could someone explain, just what _is_ GIF?

Nick DiMasi
Uni'q Digital Technologies (Fox Valley Software subsidiary;
   ^          working as a contractor at AT&T Bell Labs in Naperville, IL)
(  | this is an accent mark, supposed to replace the dot over the 'i')

daryl@ihlpe.ATT.COM (Daryl Monge) (07/12/88)

In article <8807080005.AA02654@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, SHAFFERJ@BKNLVMS.BITNET ("Jim Shaffer, Jr.") writes:
> An Atari 8-bit GIF viewer is on CompuServe.
> I'm assuming that it's public-domain, since it's in their data libraries.
> But then again, Antic has files in Compu$erve's data libraries and they're
> not PD.

Isn't it true that Compu$erve specifically states that information on its
machines is NOT public domain?  After all, if a few persons always post
the good stuff from their libraries, no one has the incentive to subscribe.

Daryl Monge				UUCP:	...!ihnp4!ihcae!daryl
AT&T					CIS:	72717,65
Bell Labs, Naperville, Ill		AT&T	312-979-3603