[comp.sys.atari.8bit] light gun?

wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) (09/29/88)

----------------------

A while ago it was mentioned in this group that Atari had in fact
decided to market the light gun seperately for all us 8-bit owners.
I haven't seen it in any stores around these parts, and have yet to
notice it listed in any ads in Analog, Antic or Atari Explorer. So
my question is, when will it be available and for how much? Or if
anyone knows of any mail-order places that are selling it yet, I'd
appreciate their number/address. Also, what "XE Game Carts" are
currently available for use with the light gun, and what ones are
due to be released shortly?

			-Ray

			 (planning his Christmas list :-)

wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu

-----------------

rjung@nunki.usc.edu (Robert allen Jung) (09/29/88)

In article <Sep.28.20.47.46.1988.15825@topaz.rutgers.edu> wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) writes:
>...What games are
>currently available for use with the light gun, and what ones are
>due to be released shortly?

  The only two currently out I know of are BUG HUNT and BARNYARD BLASTER
(both from Atari Corp.). An interesting thing I saw at the Glendale Faire
(but forgot to mention! Sorry!) was a near-finished version of Exidy's
CROSSBOW for the XEGS/light gun.

  Terrific game, all the kids were playing it both days. Seems to have all
the original's features.

						--R.J.
						B-)

kimes@ihlpe.ATT.COM (Kit Kimes) (09/30/88)

| In article <Sep.28.20.47.46.1988.15825@topaz.rutgers.edu> wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) writes:
|>...What games are
|>currently available for use with the light gun, and what ones are
|>due to be released shortly?
|
|   The only two currently out I know of are BUG HUNT and BARNYARD BLASTER
| (both from Atari Corp.). An interesting thing I saw at the Glendale Faire
| (but forgot to mention! Sorry!) was a near-finished version of Exidy's
| CROSSBOW for the XEGS/light gun.
|
|   Terrific game, all the kids were playing it both days. Seems to have all
| the original's features.

Yes, I saw the same demo at the Summer CES.  Crossbow was supposed to be out
the 3rd quarter (almost over).  Another that is supposed to be out this
quarter that uses the light gun is Crime Busters (RX8104).  It seems like
it should be quite interesting also if you like to fancy yourself as
Elliot Ness.

					Kit Kimes
					AT&T--Bell Laboratories
					...att!ihlpe!kimes

phantom@olivej.atc.OLIVETTI.COM (Still A Mystery,,,) (10/14/88)

	I read awhile ago in an ANTIC or ANALOG magazine an
	article that explains how to hookup a Nintendo light
	gun to the Atari system.  I believe the article says
	that the gun costs about $25.00.

	This is of course for those who don't want to wait
	for Atari to market their gun separately.

Scott Cozzo                 {ucbvax,etc.}!hplabs!oliveb!olivej!phantom
Olivetti Advanced Technology Center     _____   _____   __|__   _____
20300 Stevens Creek Blvd.              |     |  _____|    |    |
Cupertino, CA 95014                    |_____| |_____|    |__  |_____

euloth@dalcsug.UUCP (George Seto) (10/14/88)

In article <30669@oliveb.olivetti.com>, phantom@olivej.atc.OLIVETTI.COM (Still A Mystery,,,) writes:
> 	article that explains how to hookup a Nintendo light
> 	gun to the Atari system.
 I believe something similar was posted to the net here back before the summer
 and maybe someone who might still have that information could re-post it.
 Can't remember if it was the Nintendo gun or not, but from what I remember
 the information included something about the alternative being more
 accurate than the Atari gun.

* euloth@dalcsug.uucp  || Disclaimer: All opinions are my own unless other-   *