[comp.sys.atari.8bit] SDX availability

AXDFM@ALASKA.BITNET (gbloo Grebo) (11/15/88)

  ICD is the only people shipping SDX right now.  They are waiting until the
final version is completed.  Basically, the cart is done, but the manual is
is being printed (the sign of true programmers -- docs ALWAYS finished WAYYY
after the program!).  So until all the components of SDX are complete, ICD
is the only one shipping.  They just want to give the hungry ones like us
an oppurtunity to get our hands on it earlier than normal.

  Until the final, all you get from ICD when you buy from them is a prelim
manual and the cart.  The policy is this:  You'll get the final copy of the
manual for free (they'll send it to post. paid IF YOU SEND IN YOUR REG. CARD!)
and you also get the first ROM update at less than 1/2 price.  This is an
excellent way to get in on the ground floor without getting stuck with the
buggy early versions....  I don't have ICD's address around here, but you
should be able to find it on a BBS or in Antic/Analog....

  BTW, the price (if you buy from them) is $79.95.

Frank Murphy
OIT, Univ of Alaska Anchorage

kimes@ihlpe.ATT.COM (Kit Kimes) (11/18/88)

> Frank Murphy writes:
>
> I don't have ICD's address around here, but you
> should be able to find it on a BBS or in Antic/Analog....
>
>   BTW, the price (if you buy from them) is $79.95.

ICD, Inc.
1220 Rock St.
Rockford, Il. 61101

Phone order number: (815)-968-2228
phone lines are open 8AM to 5PM Mon-Fri. CST

BBS phone number: (815)-968-2229
24 hrs/day 300-9600

Hope this helps...

					Kit Kimes
					AT&T--Bell Laboratories
					...att!ihlpe!kimes

FACT: Your cat has more muscles in its tail than you do in your head.