[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Journey to the Planets

DDP100@PSUVM.BITNET (12/14/88)

      Someone...please...help me!!!
              I bought journey to the planets for the atari 8bit some time
 ago and there's only one planet I can't solve.  I'm fairly certain I've tried
 everything.   It's the planet with the "flying rock" and the "flying black
 box" that fall when shot.  I believe the treasure is the RUBY CHAIN on
 that planet.  Anybody know what to do?
                                        -ddp100@psuvm.bitnet

naiman-jeffrey@CS.YALE.EDU (Jeffrey Naiman) (12/16/88)

In article <65104DDP100@PSUVM> DDP100@PSUVM.BITNET writes:

>      Someone...please...help me!!!
>              I bought journey to the planets for the atari 8bit some time
> ago and there's only one planet I can't solve.  I'm fairly certain I've tried
> everything.   It's the planet with the "flying rock" and the "flying black
> box" that fall when shot.  I believe the treasure is the RUBY CHAIN on
> that planet.  Anybody know what to do?
>                                        -ddp100@psuvm.bitnet

It's good to know that someone still has an 8-bit! I have an 800 that still
has a CTIA in it! Too bad I can't find any good software for it anymore :-(.

Anyway, I'll just spoil it because the puzzle is SO stupid and I happened
upon it by accident.

You need to get across the 'chasm' so...

you melt the square rock, hold the green rock...

stand on the melted square rock, and (drum roll please)

push the josytick UP. Dumb.

It is possible to do all the planets without dying including the fountain
of youth. Consistently. Anyone want the trick? And it's a feature!

- Jeff Naiman (naiman@yale.arpa, @yalevm.ycc.yale.edu)