[comp.sys.atari.8bit] XEGS carts?

wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) (12/18/88)

-------------------

Well, Christmas time is here and I'm definitely in a game-playing
frame of mind. While taking care of all my frantic Christmas
shopping, I've been checking out the home video game scene...
and am a byte concerned. On the Atari front, I've seen plenty of
new carts for the 2600/7800 systems. BUt I have yet to see even
one new game for the XEGS - it's all the same stuff that been out
since the summer (ie - Gato, Barnyard Blaster, etc.). I know someone
posted a list of coming titles several months ago, and there were
more than a couple that I was interested in buying (Crossbow, Dark
Chambers, Desert Falcon to name a few - and by the way, those last
2 are currently on shelves for the 2600!!!). Anybody know what the
deal is? Have they dropped these games, or pushed back the release
date or what? I'd have thought Atari would have really pushed to
get some new stuff out for the holiday season of all times...

				-Ray

wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu

jwt@atari.UUCP (Jim Tittsler) (12/20/88)

In article <Dec.17.21.07.05.1988.1827@topaz.rutgers.edu>, wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) writes:

> I know someone
> posted a list of coming titles several months ago, and there were
> more than a couple that I was interested in buying (Crossbow, Dark
> Chambers, Desert Falcon to name a few - and by the way, those last
> 2 are currently on shelves for the 2600!!!). Anybody know what the
> deal is?

John Skruch, our 8-Bit Product Manager, reports:

Available now:  Desert Falcon, Ace of Aces, Mario Brothers
By year's end:  Crystal Castles, Thunderfox, Into the Eagle's Nest