[comp.sys.atari.8bit] kermitting with Kermit 65

brian@caen.engin.umich.edu (Brian Holtz) (01/15/89)

I've used kermit implementations painlessly on my 800xl, macs,
pcs, Unix workstations, and IBM mainframes, but I can't get
Kermit65 to talk kermit (specifically, to a Sun-3 under SunOS 3.4).
I tell kermit65

	> send "d:hmwk5"

and it does a disk access and then silently returns its prompt.
I tell it simply

	> send

and it claims to be sending out packets (containing god knows what), but it
can't get the other kermit to recognize them, no matter whether the
other kermit is in server mode

	kermit -x

or simply receive mode

	kermit -r