[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Thanx Chris

yehuda@colima.CWRU.EDU (Yechiel Yehuda) (04/12/89)

	Sorry for using the net as a mailing sys.  But as we say here mail
  is sCWRUed up :-)

  I want to thank all the netters for the help on null modems and stuff to
  get atari to pc ... especially Chris Chiesa.  Now to see if it works...
  I'll keep you guys posted.

  Chris: Thanks for your persistance.  I now have such a job on campus
  and I have a great time at it.  Ps. I may be in Rochester this summer
  if things materialize (knock on wood).

					Gil Yehuda

BTW: I got an interesting question, maybe it will stimulate a discussion:
	Does the name ATARI have any relationship to atari in go --
   the chinese board game.  In go if your stone is surrounded by three
   sides then it only has one freedom to extend into.  If it doesn't grow
   forward then it can be captured.  Hmmmm.

--
Y. Gil Yehuda     gil@bach.ces.cwru.edu   yehuda@skybridge.scl.cwru.edu
				    ...!cwjcc!skybridge!guilford!yehuda

scott@lilac.cs.odu.edu (Scott Yelich) (04/18/89)

In article <136@cwjcc.CWRU.Edu> yehuda@colima.UUCP (Yechiel Yehuda) writes:
>BTW: I got an interesting question, maybe it will stimulate a discussion:
>	Does the name ATARI have any relationship to atari in go --
>   the chinese board game.  In go if your stone is surrounded by three
>   sides then it only has one freedom to extend into.  If it doesn't grow
>   forward then it can be captured.  Hmmmm.

There has been a discussion of this recently in rec.games.video...

   Scott D. Yelich                           scott@cs.odu.edu  [128.82.8.1]