[comp.sys.atari.8bit] PR:Connection Compatibility

frw@ihlpf.ATT.COM (Wenk) (04/21/89)

>In article <81441MXB126@PSUVM> MXB126@PSUVM.BITNET (Michael S. Barthelemy) writes:
>I am looking for software that emulates a VT100 terminal (Or anything which
>will enable me to connect up my 130XE with PSUVM)  I seem to have some 'Special
>Problems.'  I have a 130XE with two disk drives (XF551 and Indus GT) a SX212
>1200 baud modem a color RGB monitor and a ICD P:R: Connection.  I have heard
>about the Chemilion (I can't spell) software, but it will not work with my
>P:R: connection.  Thus I have been stuck with using the 850 Express! software
>which came with my modem.  This means that I have a 40 column screen and no
>cursor control (which I sorely need).  If anyone out there can help me please
>drop me a note!
>
>                                        Thanx,
>
>                                           Mike Barthelemy
>                                          (MXB126 at PSUVM)

Both Chameleon and Kermit65 work with the PR:Connection.

Chameleon will only display forty columns at a time. However, you can scroll    right, to read the other other 40 columns, or left to return to column zero     again.

Kermit65 has a vt100 terminal emulator built in.

The following applies to both Kermit65 and Chameleon.

Examine the directory of the floppy disk that came with the PR:Connection. You  should find a program called, if my memory serves me correctly, PRC.SYS.

Copy PRC.SYS and the Chameleon/Kermit65 file to a newly formatted disk and then append Chameleon/Kermit65 to the PRC.SYS file.

If you are using Atari DOS 2.0S, use the copy option (C). That is, at the "copy from,to" prompt type: (Chameleon/Kermit65 filename),PRC.SYS/A.

Rename the PRC.SYS file AUTORUN.SYS.

Use option number 2 at the Chameleon menu prompt.

                                            F. R. Wenk
                                            (ihlpf!frw)