[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Looking for technical information on Happy Enhancement

charles@c3pe.UUCP (Charles Green) (04/16/89)

Has anyone gleaned any useful technical information about the Happy
Enhancement, especially in the area of downloadable code?  I'm wondering
if it's possible to support either a double-sided drive, or maybe even a
96tpi (80-track) drive with their hardware.  I asked when I placed my order,
but received no such technical information with the product.

Thanks,							Charles Green
--
"Excuses is not gonna lift up your butt."	-Cher

{decuac.dec.com,cucstud,sundc}!c3pe!charles	ex::!echo Boo:

hans@umd5.umd.edu (Hans Breitenlohner) (04/29/89)

In article <6735@c3pe.UUCP> charles@c3pe.UUCP (Charles Green) writes:
>Has anyone gleaned any useful technical information about the Happy
>Enhancement, especially in the area of downloadable code?  I'm wondering
>if it's possible to support either a double-sided drive, or maybe even a
>96tpi (80-track) drive with their hardware.  I asked when I placed my order,
>but received no such technical information with the product.
>
>Thanks,							Charles Green
>--

If you are interested in running 80-track drives, you might check with
"Computer Service Land", in Chantilly, Va. (703-631-4949).
At an Atarifest a few years back (the first one held at Fairfax) they
were showing a Percom controller with two 3.5 inch floppy drives
attached.