[comp.sys.atari.8bit] C , Pascal Compilers wanted!!!

rptalbot@vax1.tcd.ie (05/24/89)

Hi!,
	Does anyone out there know where i can get a
good C compiler for the 8-bit? Or even a reasonably
decent version of Pascal?

	thanks in advance,
		R.P.Talbot.
		(rptalbot@vax1.tcd.ie)
	     or	(rtalbot@maths.tcd.ie)

cfchiesa@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Christopher Chiesa) (05/25/89)

In article <43252@vax1.tcd.ie>, rptalbot@vax1.tcd.ie writes:
> Hi!,
> 	Does anyone out there know where i can get a
> good C compiler for the 8-bit? Or even a reasonably
> decent version of Pascal?

I bought Kyan Pascal over a year ago, and haven't used it much because up until
recently I only had ONE DRIVE -- Kyan Pascal requires that you have certain
utility and library files in D1: at all times, which didn't leave much disk
space for me to work on PROGRAMS!  I haven't had a chance to try it with TWO
drives, yet, because I've just moved.  Unfortunately, Kyan is either out of
business or just doesn't make their Pascal anymore, but maybe you could get it
from someone who's not using it any more.

A public-domain C compiler -- called "CC8," as I recall; can anyone confirm or
reject? -- was posted right here sometime last year.  It works with a particular
commercial compiler's public-domain Run-Time engine (whatever that means; I
haven't tried it myself yet although I did pick it up), Ace C I believe.

Sorry I can't be any more specific, but perhaps this will jog the memories of
others on the Net who may remember more than I.

Send me E-mail if you totally bomb out; I might be able to compress the CC8
disk (if I can find it -- moving etc.!) and send it to you UUencoded.

Chris Chiesa
--
UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!cfchiesa
cfchiesa@bsu-cs.UUCP