[comp.sys.atari.8bit] ST and Amiga roots

danmcd@caen.engin.umich.edu (Daniel Laurence McDonald) (10/04/89)

In article <479@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu> dbl@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (David Lawson) writes:

>...the Amiga's roots are the Atari 800
>not the C64 (bleck!! and thank God!).  PM Graphics are in the Amiga as
>hardware sprites, 4 channel sound, and display list interrupts (read
>Copper List), and vertical blanks.  If the two machine had been produced by
>the same company, growth/upgrade path couldn't have been more logical.

Yeah, the Amiga was created by the same design team who produced the original
Atari 800, and it's associating chips (Antic, Pokey, etc.).  Also, the ST
was produced by the same guys who did the C-64 (Tramiel brought them over.).

The reason the old 800 guys left Atari, was because of Warner's mismanagement,
and we know that story...
--
Daniel L. McDonald 	|"... rising falling at force ten
University of Michigan  |     we twist the world and ride the wind" - Rush