[comp.sys.atari.8bit] 130XE and SC1224 monitor

roger@tippy.uucp (10/13/89)

wI'd like to hook my 130XE up to my  Atari SC1224 monitor but the plug doesn't fit. Does anyone know where I can get an adapter that will allow me to do this?
Thanks in advance - tippy!roger@newton.physics.purdue.edu

clf3678@ultb.UUCP (C.L. Freemesser) (10/17/89)

In article <38000008@tippy> roger@tippy.uucp writes:

>wI'd like to hook my 130XE up to my  Atari SC1224 monitor but the plug doesn't fit. Does anyone know where I can get an adapter that will allow me to do this?
>Thanks in advance - tippy!roger@newton.physics.purdue.edu

You can't do it.  The 8-bit uses a color composite signal, while the
ST uses an RGB output.  Ergo, they are incompatible with each other.
You might be able to do it by using the Monitor Master from Practical
Solutions, which will give you a composite output (I think), but I think
that even trying isn't worth it.

Chris Freemesser, Rochester Institute of Technology | What I like :
BITNET: %clf3678@RITVAX   GEnie: C.FREEMESSER       | 1) My Atari ST
USENET: Just reply and hope it gets through         | 2) My '77 Mercury
Call the ACORN BBS (716)436-3078, 300/1200 baud     | 3) Coke Classic