[comp.sys.atari.8bit] News programs

jean@maxwell.Concordia.CA ( JEAN GOULET ) (10/15/89)

This is a request to anyone who might have a program called Daisy Dot III (a
text formatter for graphics printers).  I recently tried out Daisy Dot II,
but it didn't work too well with my Legend printer, which is Epson-compatible,
except for graphics (at 1280 dots per line, instead of 960).  What happens is
that the text looks like it's a bit squished to the left, and it leaves the
right part of the page empty.

I figure the newer version of the program has more printer drivers, and that
it might also have more features, so if anyone has it, please upload it either
here as a uuencoded ARC, or to the new ftp archives at 35.1.33.8
(terminator.cc.umich.edu).

While I'm at it I might add that some of the stuff at terminator could use
some updating.  There are newer versions of superarc/unarc, Textpro, and MyDos,
unless I'm mistaken.  And judging from some recent posts, some people might
like to see some SX212 handlers and terminal programs too (myself included).
I'll be taking care of uploading a new Kermit-65 once I finish updating it for
XEP80 support, and perhaps Xmodem.

I might just add that there's a program called T:Edit (TEDIT.COM on terminator)
which doesn't work (the file was cut short by someone), so don't bother
downloading that unless it's been replace (the bad one is 6169 bytes long).

                                             Jean Goulet
                                             Electrical Engineering
                                             Class of '89
                                             Concordia University
                                             Montreal, Canada

jrd@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM (John R. Dunning) (10/18/89)

    Date: 15 Oct 89 04:05:46 GMT
    From: mcgill-vision!clyde!maxwell!jean@bloom-beacon.mit.edu  ( JEAN GOULET )
[...]
    While I'm at it I might add that some of the stuff at terminator could use
    some updating.  There are newer versions of superarc/unarc, Textpro, and MyDos,
    unless I'm mistaken.

That's entirely possible.  I'll repeat my earlier plea:  If anybody has
stuff that should go in the archives, or newer versions of stuff that's
there, etc, please send it to me, and I'll install it.  That's the only
way stuff'll ever get in there.

jim@jose.uucp (Jim) (10/24/89)

Calling-> jrd@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM (John R. Dunning)

Sorry to post this, but I have been trying to mail to you, and everything
bounces.  Have you recieved any of my mail?

jim@jose.uucp

jrd@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM (John R. Dunning) (10/26/89)

[Sorry to have to post this to the list; hit 'D' now if you're not jim]

    Date: 23 Oct 89 19:31:47 GMT
    From: iconsys!caeco!jose!jim@uunet.uu.net  (Jim)

    Calling-> jrd@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM (John R. Dunning)

    Sorry to post this, but I have been trying to mail to you, and everything
    bounces.  Have you recieved any of my mail?

Indeed, I've received several messages, and tried to reply, but the
black holes of *nix mailers seem to be preventing anything from getting
thru.  I'd strongly suggest that you go straight to some Internet host
if you're able, otherwise try routing things thru something other than
the things you've been using.

The message header on the mail that showed up in the digest looked like
this:

Date: 23 Oct 89 19:31:47 GMT
From: iconsys!caeco!jose!jim@uunet.uu.net  (Jim)
Subject: News programs
To: INFO-ATARI8@WSMR-SIMTEL20.ARMY.MIL

I once (a while ago) got a piece of failed mail.  It was pretty
incomprehensible, but as near as I could tell, it was saying that
somebody didn't grok 'caeco'.  I'm not sure whether that helps or not,
but it's the only info I have.