[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Analog ends in December

hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (10/25/89)

In case you subscribe, you may want to know that Analog will cease
publication in Dec 1989.

Howard C. Johnson
ATT Bell Labs
att!lzaz!hcj
hcj@lzaz.att.com

wrd@tekigm2.MEN.TEK.COM (Bill Dippert) (10/25/89)

In article <835@lzaz.ATT.COM> hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) writes:
>In case you subscribe, you may want to know that Analog will cease
>publication in Dec 1989.

Do you mean that are subscriptions will come to a screeching halt, or are they
merely combining Analog with their ST mag (STLOG?) similarly to what ANTIC is
doing?  I suspect that both magazines are combining their 8 bit and 16 bit
coverages into one magazine and that both will go to disk only subscriptions.

wrd@tekigm2.MEN.TEK.COM (Bill Dippert) (10/25/89)

Whoops, obviously I meant "our" subscriptions, not "are" subscriptions.

ron@gsbmva.uchicago.edu (Ronald J. Rangel) (10/25/89)

STlog and Analog will be merged into one mag.  Analog was the best
Atari mag out there - and STlog was good too.  I haven't read Analog
in years but STlog went down the toilet (IMHO).  Bad magazines just
waste advertising dollars that good magazines could use to become even
better.  I hope they go under and Larry Flint loses money.

Ron Rangel

crsp_joel@gsbacd.uchicago.edu

lake@ka3ovk.uucp (Marshall Lake) (10/26/89)

In article <835@lzaz.ATT.COM> hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) writes:
>In case you subscribe, you may want to know that Analog will cease
>publication in Dec 1989.

Isn't Analog and ST Log going to be combined into one
publication?

hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) (10/27/89)

In article <6888@tekigm2.MEN.TEK.COM>, wrd@tekigm2.MEN.TEK.COM (Bill Dippert) writes:
> In article <835@lzaz.ATT.COM> hcj@lzaz.ATT.COM (HC Johnson) writes:
> >In case you subscribe, you may want to know that Analog will cease
> >publication in Dec 1989.
> >
> Do you mean that are subscriptions will come to a screeching halt, or are they
> merely combining Analog with their ST mag (STLOG?) similarly to what ANTIC is
> doing?  I suspect that both magazines are combining their 8 bit and 16 bit
> coverages into one magazine and that both will go to disk only subscriptions.

Analog and ST-log merged with the Nov 1989 Issue.
As I subscribed to both, when I called  to discuss the correct expiration
date of the new combined issue I was told to not worry about the date in
1990, as they had decided to cease publication in 1989.

Howard C. Johnson
ATT Bell Labs
att!lzaz!hcj
hcj@lzaz.att.com

stephen@oahu.cs.ucla.edu (Stephen Whitney) (10/28/89)

Anyone know which name the combined Analog/ST-Log goes by?

Steve Whitney   "It's never _really_ the last minute"       (())_-_(())
UCLA Comp. Sci. Grad. Student                                | (* *) |
Internet: stephen@cs.ucla.edu              UCLA Bruin-->    {  \_@_/  }
GEnie:    S.WHITNEY                                           `-----'