[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Anyone Seen This Game?

KEITH@A.SALFORD-SOFTWARE-SERVICES.CO.UK (Keith Wolstenholme) (11/08/89)

Roger Christal writes:

> I asked about this game here about 3 years ago and had no response.
> Thought I'd try again . . .
>
> Years ago, I got a disk from a friend with a game on it that I am
> particularly fond of.  This game was apparently pirated before it was
> entirely finished.  I would estimate that the game is 99% complete.
>
> The screen during loading indicates that the game is called Monty 16K
> (Preliminary).  The game features a little guy in a Panama hat and
> Hawaiian shirt running through 40 or so screens and at least 9 levels.
> There are moving floors, firemen's poles, ladders, multi-colored
> locked doors and keys, swords, pulsating floors and barriers, rolling
> and bouncing skulls, spiders, snakes, jewels, torches and more.  A
> really neat coordination-type game.
>
> I would like to find out if this game was ever completed and put on
> the market, and, if so, who made it, where can I get it, etc.

This sounds like one of the "Monty Mole" games produced by a UK company
called Gremlin Graphics. I don't recognise the plot and I'm pretty sure
Gremlin never released any Atari 8 bit games. The time (circa 1986) seems
about right for this series of games. The ones I know of are:

      Wanted ! Monty Mole
      Monty Mole is Innocent
      Monty's on the Run

and none of these fit your description exactly. However, they were all
designed for a 48k Sinclair Spectrum - maybe they created a new game
to fit into a 16 K Atari.

JANET  keith@uk.ac.salford.sysd
ARPA:  keith@sysd.salford.ac.uk
PHONE: +44 61 737 7010
POST:  3-S, Computer Centre, Salford University, Salford, M5 4WT, U.K.

curtism@uncw.UUCP (mike curtis) (11/13/89)