[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Info on the 6507 CPU

iwarner@aero.axion.bt.co.uk (Ivan Warner) (11/10/89)

	Does anybody have a pin out plus other info on the 6507 CPU. This is
used in the Atari interface (850?) and the old 810 disc drive (not sure about
the 1050). It is a 28 pin version of the 6502 (that's about all I know about
it).

	I need to replace the 6507 in the interface unit, but am having no luck
in finding anywhere to buy one.  Suggestions for UK suppliers also welcome,
though companies like Farnell & RS don't have them.

	I thought I may be able to wire up a 6502 to do the job; but for this
I need the pin out.

	Thanks in advance

	Ivan Warner.

ehs@jumbo.dec.com (Ed Satterthwaite) (11/12/89)

In article <1989Nov10.120237.29060@axion.bt.co.uk>,
iwarner@aero.axion.bt.co.uk (Ivan Warner) writes:
> 	Does anybody have a pin out plus other info on the 6507 CPU. This is

From an old Synertek data book:

  1 RES\            28 PHI2 (out)
  2 Vss (Gnd)       27 PHI0 (in)
  3 RDY             26 R/W\
  4 Vcc (+5)        25 D0
  5 A0              24 D1
  6 A1              23 D2
  7 A2              22 D3
  8 A3              21 D4
  9 A4              20 D5
 10 A5              19 D6
 11 A6              18 D7
 12 A7              17 A12
 13 A8              16 A11
 14 A9              15 A10

An and Dn are address and data bus lines respectively.

> 	I need to replace the 6507 in the interface unit, but am having no
> luck in finding anywhere to buy one.  Suggestions for UK suppliers also
> welcome, ...

In this country, Jameco Electronics (see most any US PC magazine for ads)
still has the 6507 at a close-out price of $2.95.  Their catalog claims
that they accept foreign orders, but the combination of minimum order and
foreign postage/handling probably makes this uneconomic.

> thought I may be able to wire up a 6502 to do the job; but for this I
> need the pin out.

I believe that the 6502 and 6507 are the same chip internally, with
different signals brought out to the pins, so this ought to work.  Just
tie the unused 6502 inputs high or low as appropriate.

Ed Satterthwaite
ehs@src.DEC.COM  {...}!decwrl!ehs

Ordania-DM@cup.portal.com (Charles K Hughes) (11/13/89)

  RE: 6507 pinout

  Sorry, I don't happen to have the pinout but you can try your local
library.
  Look for SAM's PHOTOFACTS and find the set for the 810, 850, or even the
2600.  One of them should be available, and they would all have the pinouts.

Ordania-DM
@cup.portal.com

clutx.clarkson.edu (Pixel,,,) (11/14/89)

From article <1989Nov10.120237.29060@axion.bt.co.uk>, by iwarner@aero.axion.bt.co.uk (Ivan Warner):
> 	Does anybody have a pin out plus other info on the 6507 CPU. This is
> used in the Atari interface (850?) and the old 810 disc drive (not sure about
> the 1050). It is a 28 pin version of the 6502 (that's about all I know about
> it).
> 	I need to replace the 6507 in the interface unit, but am having no luck
> in finding anywhere to buy one.  Suggestions for UK suppliers also welcome,
> though companies like Farnell & RS don't have them.
> 	I thought I may be able to wire up a 6502 to do the job; but for this
> I need the pin out.

Uhmm....try looking in mail orders...._Antic_ magazine I know has one advertiser
that sells a bunch of different chips and schematics....

Pixel    cooleyra@clutx  .clarkson.edu | .bitnet

PS: I think I like this group; I thought that I was the only Atari enthusiast
left--glad to see I was wrong:) :)