[comp.sys.atari.8bit] The INTERNET....

AMONSON@IDCSVAX.BITNET (11/14/89)

HELP!!!  What is the account to send mail to this magazine over the internet.
Also I would like to subscribe my name is "Paul Amonson" I already get a
delayed version over BITNET.  My address is "amonson@ted.cs.uidaho.edu".  If
that doesn't work try "amonson@128.101.100.20".  Thanks.

                                Paul Amonson
                                BITNET:  AMONSON@IDCSVAX
                                INTERNET: amonson@ted.cs.uidaho.edu

stevek@welch.jhu.edu (Steve Kelley) (11/16/89)

Is C65 public domain? If so, is it available via ftp? 3rdly,
could some post a list of ftp sites?

gdtltr@strawberry.it.udel.edu (Gary Duzan) (11/17/89)

In article <1989Nov16.140800.22025@welch.jhu.edu> stevek@welchlab.welch.jhu.edu (Steve Kelley) writes:
>Is C65 public domain? If so, is it available via ftp? 3rdly,
>could some post a list of ftp sites?

   First of all, there IS a C65. I believe OSS cam out with is a while back.
It is extremely odd from what I have seen (it uses LINE NUMBERS!!!!). What
we have been talking about recently is CC65, which is available for ftp
from terminator.cc.umich.edu.

                                        Gary Duzan
                                        Time  Lord
                                    Third Regeneration

      _o_                                                            _o_
    [|o o|]        "Two hearts are better than one." -- Yes        [|o o|]
     |_O_|      "Don't listen to me; I never do." -- Doctor Who     |_O_|

jrd@STONY-BROOK.SCRC.SYMBOLICS.COM (John R. Dunning) (11/19/89)

    Date: 16 Nov 89 14:08:00 GMT
    From: gem.mps.ohio-state.edu!samsung!aplcen!boingo.med.jhu.edu!welch.jhu.edu!stevek@tut.cis.ohio-state.edu  (Steve Kelley)

    Is C65 public domain?

[I'm assuming you mean CC65]

CC65 is *NOT* public domain.  It *IS* freely copyable, which is what
you're probably really interested in.  So what's the difference?  Stuff
that's in the public domain may be used for any purpose by anyone.  I
didn't want CC65 and the related tools to fall into the hands of someone
who would attempt to charge money for them, or someone who would modify
them and then not make the modified sources available.  Therefore, the
terms of distribution are that anyone may copy it and modify it, but
must make the modified copies available, with sources, for free.  Ie, do
what you want with it, but don't attempt to take away anyone else's
right to do what they want with it.

			  If so, is it available via ftp?

Yes.  Unfortunately, I haven't gotten the compiler sources cleaned up
yet (I had a hack attack and started fixing bugs) but they should be
appearing shortly.  All the other sources, and all the executables, are
there.
							  3rdly,
    could some post a list of ftp sites?

The only one I know of that has it is terminator.cc.umich.edu.