[comp.sys.atari.8bit] ANALOG in Purgatory

tle33710@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (11/28/89)

Are you SURE Analog is going under?  If they knew about it a month or two
in advance, couldn't they at least publish an editorial in December's issue,
take out the subscription cards, and purge the parts that say "Authors:..."
You know what I mean?
Tim Elliott                                 | ``Genghis''
University of Illinois at Urpaign/Chambana  |  ``Lech''  (Name of the Week)
tle33710@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu   		    |   ``Insert your own quote''
"Country and Western music:  I understand it now..."
                                        The Kids in the Hall 11/25/89
> You know what I mean?
> Tim Elliott                                 | ``Genghis''
> University of Illinois at Urpaign/Chambana  |  ``Lech''  (Name of the Week)
> tle33710@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu   		    |   ``Insert your own quote''
> "Country and Western music:  I understand it now..."
>                                         The Kids in the Hall 11/25/89

    I agree that Analog should have published some sort of info regarding
  their demise, as from the information I've read they knew when the November
  issue came out.  In addition, The old Analog may have been hurting for
  advertisements, but in the combined Analog/Stlog the ads were plentiful.
  Who knows, Maybe they're reconsidering not stopping publication.  But
  there are confirmations on Delphi (as of a couple weeks ago) stating that
  the December issue would be the final Analog.

dlm@druwy.ATT.COM (Dan Moore) (11/30/89)

in article <115200054@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu>, tle33710@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu says:
> Are you SURE Analog is going under?  If they knew about it a month or two
> in advance, couldn't they at least publish an editorial in December's issue,
> take out the subscription cards, and purge the parts that say "Authors:..."
> You know what I mean?

	Analog and STLog are gone.  For sure.

	The December issue of Analog would have been laid up in late
September, articles and editorials should have been finalized by early
to mid September.  That was the typical lead time when I wrote stuff
for STLog.  (Article lead times are sometimes much longer, STLog sat on
one of Dave and my articles for 18 months before it ran.)  In September
LFP still planned to continue publishing Analog/STLog so why would they
announce the folding then?

	Magazines rarely announce they are ceasing publication, simply
because they can't.  By the time they know it there is no way to
include it in the final issue.  (Look at what happened to PC-Tech
Journal last spring, the last issue had a list of articles that would
be in the next issue.)

				Dan Moore
				AT&T Bell Labs
				Denver