[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Join the REVOLUTION

tle33710@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (12/09/89)

Just came from a users group meeting of PAC in Rantoul, Illinois......
Has anyone else heard of "The Revolution" in which advertisers are trying to
stir up Atari enthusiasm?  We received a letter from a company named
Artisan that was stamped with the message:

	Join the
	R E V O L U T I O N
	Buy an Atari Computer

Or something like that.  It sounds interesting and has nothing to do with
Atari Corporation.  I believe the philosophy is: if Atari won't do it for
themselves, we might as well do it for them.  Either that or a clever
advertising gimmick....

What are your thoughts?

Tim Elliott                                 | ``Genghis''
University of Illinois at Urpaign/Chambana  |  ``Dr. Seuss'' (Name of the Week)
tle33710@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu   		    |   ``Insert your own quote''
"A Home Run and a Triple; A first baseman's and a catcher's glove; and
		Dolly Parton."      --Rich Little

slackey@bbn.com (Stan Lackey) (12/11/89)

In article <115200060@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu> tle33710@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu writes:
>Just came from a users group meeting of PAC in Rantoul, Illinois......
>Has anyone else heard of "The Revolution" in which advertisers are trying to
>stir up Atari enthusiasm?  We received a letter from a company named
>Artisan that was stamped with the message:

There was something posted here maybe 4-6 months ago looking for support.
I took down the address, but ended up not writing them.  (It was in like
NJ, wasn't it?)

BTW, I would like to do a software buy, sell, or trade.  After buying
a box of someone's old collection of games, I ended up with a few
duplicates.  They are:

Infocom STARCROSS:  Still in the original packaging; the plastic flying
saucer.  So far my favorite Infocom, except for maybe LGoP.

Infocom SUSPENDED:  Likewise the original package, the one with the mask
of the sleeping face.  (I haven't played my own copy of this to completion
yet!)

I would like to acquire Infocom STATIONFALL.  If you would like to work
out a deal, just reply!

BTW, I've had a few requests for the mouse drivers I wrote.  I will post
the listings asap, maybe tomorrow (I have to get the listings on a disk
and bring them to work.)

-Stan