[comp.sys.atari.8bit] RS232 DOS CONSOLE - LOOKING FOR DOS SOURCE

rvp@cbnewsh.ATT.COM (rob.v.phillips) (12/21/89)

Thanks to those who contributed their thoughts to me on this!

I am encouraged to venture to modify some DOS source to conduct
console I/O over an RS232 interface.

For that, I need some DOS source (asm code) to modify. I saw
some DOS source in an ANALOG article a while back (I have the issue
at home), and rather than type it in, is this (or any other public
domain ATARI DOS asm source, for that matter) available for downloading
from any known bulletin board systems?
It could be for MAC/65 or any other 6502 assemblers
because I can employ "sed" or "awk" scripts to do the major
translations of these sources to my "PseudoSam" source format for my
PC-compatible.

I logged onto about half a dozen BBSes in New Jersey last night, and
all I could find were .COM files, which I would rather not
disassemble.

If anyone is interested, I would be glad to post my final code to
comp.sources.misc and announce that posting in this group.
Or, if anyone would like to work jointly, I'm game!

By the way, the discussion on the RS232-SIO cable connection in this
group is very interesting! If anyone would like to share knowledge on
this, this seems like the type of RS232 handler that makes the most
sense to me from an end-user cost standpoint, assuming other people
would be interested in using the Atari ROS (RS232 Operating System).

Rob Phillips (201)-583-8559
homxc!rvp or ark2!rvp

slackey@bbn.com (Stan Lackey) (12/21/89)

In article <6802@cbnewsh.ATT.COM> rvp@cbnewsh.ATT.COM (rob.v.phillips) writes:
>I am encouraged to venture to modify some DOS source to conduct
>console I/O over an RS232 interface.
>For that, I need some DOS source (asm code) to modify. I saw

I suggest MYDOS; the source is in the public domain, and you can get it
with a mini-assembler (which takes the same source as Atari's AMAC, except
without macros).

I took copies when they were posted here several months ago.  I could
figure out how to repost them if you get desperate.

And now a MYDOS technical question:  How is the mem.sav part of MYDOS
loaded?  Also, is it loaded at boot time, or when you enter "DOS"
from BASIC?

<Generic winter solstice greeting> -Stan

frankh@hpnmdla.HP.COM (Frank Hamlin) (12/22/89)

>For that, I need some DOS source (asm code) to modify. I saw
>some DOS source in an ANALOG article a while back (I have the issue
>at home), and rather than type it in, is this (or any other public
>domain ATARI DOS asm source, for that matter) available for downloading
>from any known bulletin board systems?
>It could be for MAC/65 or any other 6502 assemblers
>because I can employ "sed" or "awk" scripts to do the major
>translations of these sources to my "PseudoSam" source format for my
>PC-compatible.
>
>Rob Phillips (201)-583-8559
>homxc!rvp or ark2!rvp
>----------

The source for MYDOS 4.5 was posted to this notes group.  I have it, and would
be happy to set my home Atari up as a BBS so you can get it.  If no one offers
a source closer that California, give me a call.  707 539-4991

johnb@pnet01.cts.com (John Bunch) (12/23/89)

I can set up my home atari as a bbs for you to get mydos 4.5.  I am in
upstate New York..  Outside of Albany....

John.

You can either send me mail or call..  the Phone is (518)-393-6752

UUCP: {hplabs!hp-sdd ucsd nosc}!crash!pnet01!johnb
ARPA: crash!pnet01!johnb@nosc.mil
INET: johnb@pnet01.cts.com