[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Word Processor question, using At 800 and 1025

HUFF@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Steve Huff, U. of Kansas, Lawrence) (01/01/90)

One more question (awright, a few more :-) ) and I'll let you
get back to serious computing.

How can I print a file in its entirety that my AtariWriter cart.
can't fit in its memory?  Also, is there a pub. dom. word processor
better than AtariWriter?  How can I get my greedy hands on it?

Thanks again!
Please reply by e-mail.

Steve

If pro is the opposite of con, what is the opposite of Congress?

tob@cbnewsk.ATT.COM (ted.o.burger) (01/02/90)

In article <20584@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu>, HUFF@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (Steve Huff, U. of Kansas, Lawrence) writes:
> How can I print a file in its entirety that my AtariWriter cart.
> can't fit in its memory?  Also, is there a pub. dom. word processor
> better than AtariWriter?  How can I get my greedy hands on it?

Atariwriter has a 'merge file' command.  I think it is ^V. At the end of the
first module type ^V D:FILE oe something very close to that, I don't have
the manuals here at work.

The best PD text editor that I know of is Textpro.  The best editor is probably
Paper Clip.

Ted

frankh@hpnmdla.HP.COM (Frank Hamlin) (01/03/90)

Using the Copy command from DOS you can send the file directly to your printer.
Try the following from DOS
D1:FILENAME,P: