[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Desperately seeking Galaga

scott@cs.odu.edu (Scott Yelich) (02/01/90)

>   Of the three known versions of galaga, what plays best (oh no, did I mean best).
>   4) Arcade version $? (any idea)

1) Can another version of a game play better than an arcade version?

2) You can master Galaga.... or, you can cheat and make them stop shooting
   all together [I liked Galaxian].

3) I have not seen any of the versions except for the arcade game.  Sorry.

 Scott D. Yelich                                 scott@cs.odu.edu [128.82.8.1]
 After he pushed me off the cliff, he asked me, as I fell, ``Why'd you jump?''

tle33710@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (02/03/90)

Hmmm... It's been a LONG time since I've played Galaxian....
		How do you make them buggers stop shooting?

--------------------------------|||--------------------------------------------
Tim Elliott                     |||    charter    "Genghis"
University of Illinois/Urbana  / | \  T.A.P.E.S.  "Kilroy" (Name of the Week)
Genghis@uiuc.edu               ATARI    member     Don't forget your towel...
"The doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his client
 to plant vines."  --Frank Lloyd Wright
UUCP> uunet!uiucuxc!uxa!tle33710

scott@cs.odu.edu (Scott Yelich) (02/04/90)

>   Hmmm... It's been a LONG time since I've played Galaxian....
>		   How do you make them buggers stop shooting?

This went through another news groupa while back...

you leave one or two of the second type of alien [red?] on the LEFT
of your screen.  You move your ship over to the right of the screen.
Wait for about 7 minutes and watch the aliens.  If they BOTH do not
fire in a single pass... kill them both.  No other alien will ever
fire on any other wave.  You can also do this with one red guy, you
just have to wait almost twice as long.

arromdee@crabcake.cs.jhu.edu (Kenneth Arromdee) (02/04/90)

In article <SCOTT.90Feb3140910@naunet.cs.odu.edu> scott@cs.odu.edu (Scott Yelich) writes:
>>   Hmmm... It's been a LONG time since I've played Galaxian....
>>		   How do you make them buggers stop shooting?
>you leave one or two of the second type of alien [red?] on the LEFT
>of your screen.  You move your ship over to the right of the screen.
>Wait for about 7 minutes and watch the aliens.  If they BOTH do not
>fire in a single pass... kill them both.  No other alien will ever
>fire on any other wave.  You can also do this with one red guy, you
>just have to wait almost twice as long.

Assuming that you mean "Galaga", not "Galaxian", I have done this but with
blue aliens, not red ones.  (Maybe it works with red ones too, who knows?)

You can't just wait at the edge; sometimes it'll shoot a wraparound bullet
that can get you unless you dodge it.
--
"Workers of the world, we're sorry!" --Soviet protestor's slogan

Kenneth Arromdee (UUCP: ....!jhunix!arromdee; BITNET: arromdee@jhuvm;
     INTERNET: arromdee@crabcake.cs.jhu.edu)