[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Kermit65

wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) (10/23/87)

=================

Help! Is there some way (ie - a handler) that will allow me
to use Kermit 65 as previously posted with an XM-301 modem?
If so, could someone please either post or mail me the
necessary handler? Thanks in advance as always.

			-Ray Wilmott

wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu

pkopp@potpourri.UUCP (Paul Kopp) (12/28/87)

Kermit65 has become my terminal emulator of choice ever since it was
posted here on the net.  I love the way you can switch between
40/80/Atari modes.

Is Kermit65 capable of generating the tilde character?  I was using
Chameleon in the past; to generate the tilde (why couldn't Atari just
put it on their keyboard) you typed a "control <delete/backspace>".

Also, I noticed a bug (I think).  When hitting the break key followed
by a <CR>, the program goes into "nuts mode" printing G's all over the
screen.  The only way to regain control is to reboot.  Has anyone else
experienced this?

Last but not least....Is the source for this program available anywhere?

-------
Paul Kopp                                   The opinions (if any) expressed
Gould Inc., Computer Systems Division       are my own.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Mail paths?, oh yea mail paths:   ...!{sun,uunet,pur-ee,brl-bmd}!gould!pkopp
                                  ...!{ihnp4!codas,allegra}!novavax!gould!pkopp

JEO065@ALBNY1VX.BITNET (01/09/89)

Hello all,

I just recently downloaded kermit65 from the 8-bit archives on score, and
I have been having problems with it.  I am using it from spartados 3.2 on
an unmodified 800xl.  Here is my problem:  I would like to upload a file,
so I go into ckermit on a vax runing vms 5.0.  I type receive at the ckermit
prompt and the hit option and type send file.ext.  It transfers the entire
file, until it gets to the last kermit block. Then it locks up.  So I hit
reset and reloaded kermit65 and connected.  I was still connected to the host
and still in ckermit receive.  I got out of ckermit by hitting cntrl-y
and found that the file I uploaded was all there intact.  Great, I can upload
but I have to reboot to finish the upload????   Any clues??

Jim Otto....

P.S.  Please reply to me as I dont read the newsgroup often..

wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) (02/03/90)

>there are a few VT100 emulators there. ie-Bobterm, .........

How is Bobterm a VT100 emulator? Do you know of a module I don't?!?!?

			-Ray

c60b-cc@buddy.Berkeley.EDU (Abel Chow) (02/05/90)

This is my first post to the net, so bear with me . . .

I have a problem with Kermit65 (KERMITNR.COM).  When the cursor is at the
bottom of the screen, the text of the screen fails to scroll up, making the
program unusable for me.  I am running off of an unmodified 800XL with an
XF551, SX212, and SpartaDOS 3.2d (with XF patch).  Right now, I use VTERM,
which emulates the vt52 quite well, but scrolls the screen for 80 columns.
I'd like to use Kermit since it displays the full 80 columns on screen.
By the way, I version I have is from terminator.

Also, does anyone know the keyclick vector?

Thanks in advance.
Abe  8)

--------------------------------
Nobody's telling me what to say.
--------------------------------

ain1496e@merrimack.edu (02/05/90)

In article <21748@pasteur.Berkeley.EDU>, c60b-cc@buddy.Berkeley.EDU (Abel Chow) writes:
> This is my first post to the net, so bear with me . . .
>
> I have a problem with Kermit65 (KERMITNR.COM).  When the cursor is at the
> bottom of the screen, the text of the screen fails to scroll up, making the
> program unusable for me.  I am running off of an unmodified 800XL with an
> XF551, SX212, and SpartaDOS 3.2d (with XF patch).  Right now, I use VTERM,
> which emulates the vt52 quite well, but scrolls the screen for 80 columns.
> I'd like to use Kermit since it displays the full 80 columns on screen.
> By the way, I version I have is from terminator.

         If your using Kermit65 with a Vax system, you may have to type
  Set Term/VT100 at the Vax command line prompt.   I'm also using Sparta 3.2d
  to run Kermit (on a 1050).  On VAX's, at login Kermit isn't recognized as
  being a vt100 for some reason and thats why the Set command is necessary.
  If your not using a VAX though I can't help you.

tle33710@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (02/06/90)

Hmmm.... I'm not sure what a keyclick vector is...
If you mean disable keyclick:
		POKE 731,1 =off
		POKE 731,0 =on
If you mean keyboard definition vector, it's at 121,122.

-Tim Elliott  Genghis@uiuc.edu

cfchiesa@bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Christopher Chiesa) (02/07/90)

In article <18455.25cd7749@merrimack.edu>, ain1496e@merrimack.edu writes:
>          If your using Kermit65 with a Vax system, you may have to type
>   Set Term/VT100 at the Vax command line prompt.   I'm also using Sparta 3.2d
>   to run Kermit (on a 1050).  On VAX's, at login Kermit isn't recognized as
>   being a vt100 for some reason and thats why the Set command is necessary.
>   If your not using a VAX though I can't help you.

At login (or on issuance of the SET TERM/INQUIRE command) the Vax sends out
an escape sequence that's supposed to cause a DEC terminal to respond with
another, identifying escape sequence.  This sequence has evolved over the
years into a pretty comprehensive report of terminal capabilities, espe-
cially as the VT200 and 300 series have come along...

Anyway, KERMIT65 doesn't respond to the Vax's "inquiry" sequence, although
if it didn't intercept it at all you would see part of it on the screen...
(To John Dunning: what about it?  Fix in a new version of Kermit65?  :-) )

   C.Chiesa (usually posting as Chris_F_Chiesa@cup.portal.com -- mail
    to me HERE will go THERE, even.)
--
UUCP: <backbones>!{iuvax,pur-ee,uunet}!bsu-cs!cfchiesa
cfchiesa@bsu-cs.UUCP