[comp.sys.atari.8bit] AR:Dungeon,PC<->Atari,List

UCI144@URIACC.URI.EDU (Bytor) (02/13/90)

I'm sending this again because I'm not sure if it got thru the
first time, if it did, I appologize.
In the game Alternate Reality:the Dungeon,  I'm stuck. I can't
get past the Gargoyle on the 3rd level. You have to answer 3
questions in turn. And I can't even get past the 1st one. which is:
   The first's simple---should take no time;
   All thou must do is end my rhyme;
   Not man nor beast met his demise
   (To thee I'm sure 'tis no surprise);
   A cruel fate ended it's trek;
   Now thou stand'st 'neath a great __________.
I've also gone to the Oracle of Wisdom whcih said:
   A fearsome face lurks by the Dragon's lair.
   Answer his quearies for a valuable ally.
   Remember "Xebec's Demise."
I've tried Xebec, Xebec's, Demise and combinations and
nothing works....help.   Also some one also posted back in
April (I think) saying that they had gotten a program to
edit the stats of your character. If any has that program
could you please send it to me.
Next:
  I've been looking at some of the earlier digests and seen
talk of a way to transfer files between a PC and Atari. Is this
possible? and if so could some one tell me where I can get the
program. I have an 800XL, 1050, MPP1000e (modem), XEP80. None of
which is modified.
Next:
  I would hate to see this list go under. I've been able to solvesome
problems with information from this list. I've seen so many sites
that have an over abundance of space for other computers and we
have trouble with keeping the only space for the Atari open.
Something seems pretty unfair here.

*------------------------------ATARI-------------------------------*
* Scott C. Glynn                ***     aka Bytor, Snowdog, Cygnus *
* Univeristy of Rhode Island    ***     UCI144 at URIACC.BITNET    *
* Chemistry Major              * * *    mad scientest in traing    *
* Class of 92                 *  *  *   2 years later than planned *
*______________________________800XL_______________________________*

arromdee@crabcake.cs.jhu.edu (Kenneth Arromdee) (02/14/90)

(spoiler warning)

shipwreck
--
"Workers of the world, we're sorry!" --Soviet protestor's slogan

Kenneth Arromdee (UUCP: ....!jhunix!arromdee; BITNET: arromdee@jhuvm;
     INTERNET: arromdee@crabcake.cs.jhu.edu)

rlcollins@miavx1.acs.muohio.edu (02/14/90)

In article <9002130808.AA19994@ucbvax.Berkeley.EDU>, UCI144@URIACC.URI.EDU
 (Bytor) writes:
>   I've been looking at some of the earlier digests and seen
> talk of a way to transfer files between a PC and Atari. Is this
> possible? and if so could some one tell me where I can get the
> program. I have an 800XL, 1050, MPP1000e (modem), XEP80. None of
> which is modified.

I have the file and the source (in C) that I will uuencode and upload for all.
It requires a Double Density drive on the Atari though. I've used it on
numerous occasions, and its worked just fine for me.

		Ryan Collins

Ryan Collins, who's that?