[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Wanted: Bounty Bob Strikes Back

harrington@mfgmem.dec.com (Shawn Harrington) (02/23/90)

	I'm looking for a game called (I think) Bounty Bob Strikes Back, or
something like that. It's a jumping/climbing game that was a sequel to Big 5
Software's _Miner 2049er_. As I recall, it came out on disk. I saw it displayed
once, and passed on it... then, later, when I'd decided I *did* want it, it
was too late: The company that produced it was out of business, and there were
no more games to be had.

	If anyone has this game, please contact me.

	Thanks!

	--- Shawn Harrington
	Work: (508)-467-2712
	Home: (508)-481-6947

kimes@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (Kit Kimes) (02/23/90)

From article <911@ryn.esg.dec.com>, by harrington@mfgmem.dec.com (Shawn Harrington):

> 	I'm looking for a game called (I think) Bounty Bob Strikes Back,

You have the name correct.  I have been looking for a copy for a long
time.  If someone has two copies, I want to be in line for number two :-)

Seriously, if anyone knows where to get a copy, I want one.  I tried all
the obvious sources like local atari dealers and the mail order places.
No one has any left.

Kit Kimes
AT&T Bell Labs
Naperville, IL
...!att!iwtsa!kimes

harrington@mfgmem.dec.com (Shawn Harrington) (02/23/90)

	I asked yesterday whether anyone had this game (Bounty Bob Strikes
Back). Two things:

	1) Apparently, this may be on cartridge, and not disk as I indicated.

	2) I expected my net address to get appended to yesterday's message,
but that didn't happen, so here it is:

	UUCP:	...!decwrl!mfgmem.enet.dec.com!harrington
	ARPA:	harrington%mfgmem.DEC@DECWRL.DEC.COM

	Thanks, again, for any help!

	--- Shawn Harrington

	Work: (508)-467-2712
	Home: (508)-481-6947

clf3678@ultb.isc.rit.edu (C.L. Freemesser) (02/24/90)

In article <911@ryn.esg.dec.com> harrington@mfgmem.dec.com (Shawn Harrington) writes:

>	I'm looking for a game called (I think) Bounty Bob Strikes Back, or
>something like that. It's a jumping/climbing game that was a sequel to Big 5
>Software's _Miner 2049er_. As I recall, it came out on disk. I saw it displayed

Actually, it came out on cartridge.  Don't know if it was ever on disk.
The cartridge is a 40k job, but seems to work on all machines.  I've
tried it on a 400/800/600xl/800xl, and no problems.  Pretty fun game,
but gets annoying awfully fast.

And no, I'm not looking to sell it either.  :^)

Have you tried Best Electronics and San Jose Computer?  They may have
it.

Chris Freemesser, Rochester Institute of Technology | THE ACORN BBS
   |||    BITNET: clf3678@ritvax                    | (716)436-3078
   |||    Usenet: clf3678@ultb.rit.isc.edu          | 2400 baud/42 megs
  / | \   GEnie: C.FREEMESSER                       | full Atari support