[comp.sys.atari.8bit] LOOKING FOR A GOOD PRINTER - REPLY IN EMAIL

Metalist@cup.portal.com (Bryan Jones Woodworth) (03/11/90)

Hey there.  I am in the market for a good, quality printer for the atari8bit.

I wish for this printer to type at a
resonably fast speed, be EPSON compatible, and be able to work with my 850
interface.

I also want it to be low-cost (under $200).  So far I have found one printer
which seems to fit what I am looking for:  The Panasonic KX-P1180, which re=
tails for $180 in my area (San Jose, CA).

If you have any information to share, I would love to hear it.  Please send
email to me.  (I think my address is at the top of this message.)

Metalist/BJW

clf3678@ultb.isc.rit.edu (C.L. Freemesser) (03/13/90)

In article <27777@cup.portal.com> Metalist@cup.portal.com (Bryan Jones Woodworth) writes:
>Hey there.  I am in the market for a good, quality printer for the atari8bit.
>
>I wish for this printer to type at a
>resonably fast speed, be EPSON compatible, and be able to work with my 850
>interface.
>
>I also want it to be low-cost (under $200).  So far I have found one printer
>which seems to fit what I am looking for:  The Panasonic KX-P1180, which re=
>tails for $180 in my area (San Jose, CA).

I strongly suggest you look at the Star NX-1000 II printer.  I have
the original NX-1000, and it's a GREAT printer.  Has many built-in
features, including paper parking.  The II can be bought for $159 mail
order.

Also, ribbons are FAR less expensive for the NX-1000 series, and can be
reinked.  Panasonics cannot.

Chris Freemesser, Rochester Institute of Technology | THE ACORN BBS
   |||    BITNET: clf3678@ritvax                    | (716)436-3078
   |||    Usenet: clf3678@ultb.rit.isc.edu          | 2400 baud/42 megs
  / | \   GEnie: C.FREEMESSER                       | full Atari support