[comp.sys.atari.8bit] 130XE circuit

news@trantor.harris-atd.com (News stuff) (03/12/90)

Hi,
From: mlaprade@x102a.harris-atd.com (laprade maria 42641)

I'm looking for someone that has looked into the circuitry for the 130XE as
well as the Atari 800. I have a circuit card that plugs into the 800 that
makes use of the $D5XX SLCT line on pin 15 of the cartridge slot. I now want to
use it on the 130XE. The other signals to the cartridge are the same, but
the 130XE does not have a $D5XX line. I don't have any schematics, does
someone know where I can jumper that line or know where a similar line is?

Thanks

--
Maria Laprade			ARPA: mlaprade@x102a.harris-atd.com
Harris Corporation - GASD	UUCP: ...uunet!x102a!mlaprade

dcfs018@antares.Concordia.ca ( STEPHAN BOHM ) (03/12/90)

In article <3302@trantor.harris-atd.com> mlaprade@x102a.ess.harris.com (laprade maria 42641) writes:
>Hi,
>From: mlaprade@x102a.harris-atd.com (laprade maria 42641)
>
>I'm looking for someone that has looked into the circuitry for the 130XE as
>well as the Atari 800. I have a circuit card that plugs into the 800 that
>makes use of the $D5XX SLCT line on pin 15 of the cartridge slot. I now want to
>use it on the 130XE. The other signals to the cartridge are the same, but
>the 130XE does not have a $D5XX line. I don't have any schematics, does
>someone know where I can jumper that line or know where a similar line is?
>
>Thanks

You may find the $D5xx signal on pin 15 of the 130XE's cartridge slot, just
like on every 8-bit.  It is often called CCTL in the Atari literature (for
Cart Control), and it is an active low output of a 74LS138 IC.  By the way,
if the 130XE didn't have this signal, Action!, Basic XE/XL, Bounty Bob Strikes
Back, and other 'supercartridges' would no longer work.

                                             Jean Goulet
                                             Electrical Engineering
                                             Class of '89
                                             Concordia University
                                             Montreal, Canada

Ordania-DM@cup.portal.com (Charles K Hughes) (03/13/90)

  RE: $D5xx control line

   The 130XE does have this line and it is connected to the cartridge port.
If your cartridge doesn't work then the problem is elsewhere in all
likelihood.  What is the cart?

Ordania-DM
Charles_K_Hughes
@cup.portal.com