[comp.sys.atari.8bit] amacs macro bug

HILLKR@cc.utah.edu (03/16/90)

I talked to an old friend of mine and this is what he remembers about the
amacs macro bug:

   Um... Think back, waaaaaaaaay baaaack.  I was trying to build a recursive
 macro.  When it expanded the macro, it would die.  I found out that any
 macro when expanded had an upper limit on size.  My macro was dying because
 it exceeded that size.  The limit was 255 bytes.  Everything counted toward
 this limit; comments, variable names, macro body.  Made it almost impossible
 to do a readable recursive macro.

Hope this helps somebody.

Hillkr@cc.utah.edu

slackey@bbn.com (Stan Lackey) (03/19/90)

In article <51042@cc.utah.edu> HILLKR@cc.utah.edu writes:
>   Um... Think back, waaaaaaaaay baaaack.  I was trying to build a recursive
> macro.  When it expanded the macro, it would die.  I found out that any
> macro when expanded had an upper limit on size.  My macro was dying because
> it exceeded that size.  The limit was 255 bytes.  Everything counted toward
> this limit; comments, variable names, macro body.  Made it almost impossible
> to do a readable recursive macro.

Thanks for your response.  To everybody who responded, that is; I just got
back notification that about 8 of my 10 responses I sent out last week
bounced.

My problem with AMAC is still a mystery.  It went back undercover when I
put in some more code.  I have some good ideas of what to do if it shows up
again.

Also:  Could comeone post diskcomm?  I'd like to try out those "new titles",
and I am missing that piece.
-Stan