[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Omnicom

npk@S.CC.PURDUE.EDU ("Jobe Wan") (12/15/86)

Is anyone else out there running OmniCom with a P:R connection and an
Avatex 1200 modem?  I'm having trouble uploading files with Kermit.
After I give the file name to send, OmniCom gives the standard
press START/SELECT/OPTION to abort
message, and then, instead of the normal 'blip' of an SIO transfer, I
get a rush of static.  Perhaps OmniCom has the modem open for concurrent
I/O while reading the disk drive?

Download is no problem, and OmniCom is a terrific program, so I wonder
if maybe the problem is hardware.

					JW

npk@s.cc.purdue.edu.{ARPA,UUCP,BITNET}

wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) (08/27/87)

I've just read John Sangter's article about the new
shareware version of OmniCom and saved the accompanying
program. Now the big question - will it work with the XM-301
modem, and if so, could somebody out there PLEASE either post,
or send me, the appropriate handler that needs to be prepended
to it? Much thanks in advance.

				-Ray Wilmott

wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu

vaughan@canisius.UUCP (09/02/87)

In article <14268@topaz.rutgers.edu>, wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu (Ray Wilmott) writes:

> I've just read John Sangter's article about the new
> shareware version of OmniCom and saved the accompanying
> program. Now the big question - will it work with the XM-301
> modem, and if so, could somebody out there PLEASE either post,
> or send me, the appropriate handler that needs to be prepended
> to it? Much thanks in advance.

Please do, and any info that will help in getting it going!

Thanks!
--------------                                                 --------------
DEC VAX 11/750; 4.3 BSD UNIX          &                 DEC VAX 8650; VMS 4.5

UUCP   : {cmc12,hao,harpo}!seismo!rochester!rocksvax!sunybcs!canisius!vaughan
           or
         ...{allegra,decvax,watmath}!sunybcs!canisius!vaughan
CSNET  :  vaughan%canisius@CSNET-relay
US MAIL:  Thomas Vaughan/ Dept. of Comp. Sci./ Canisius College/
          2001 Main St./ Buffalo N.Y. 14208
--------------                                                 --------------

jhs@MITRE-BEDFORD.ARPA (10/12/87)

Several people have sent me questions about OmniCom which make me think
that not everyone will realize that the basic OmniCom program needs to be
linked together with an RS-232 handler to make it work.  In particular,
with the 1030 and 835 direct-connect modems, not all the handlers floating
around work exactly right.  There is a special one called ATARISRS.232
which is 16 sectors long which will work OK with the 850 interface as
well as the 1030 and 835 direct-connect modems.  This handler is shipped
on the disk with OmniCom, so if you've been having trouble making OmniCom
work with an 835 or 1030, but would like a terminal emulator with all its
features, you should probably go ahead and order it on disk from CDY.

If you have a handler sitting around but don't know what to do with it,
make a disk with DOS on it, and make a copy of the handler on that disk,
but name it "OC" (for OmniCom).  They copy the OmniCom shareware program
onto the end of it using the DOS "append" mode, like this:

C<RETURN>
D1:OC.OBJ, D2:OC/A<RETURN>

or the equivalent using your favorite DOS.  With DOS 2.0 or 2.5, the "/A"
on the end of the destination filename makes DOS append the source file
to the end of the existing destination file, instead of writing over it as
it would if you failed to specify /A.

The result is a file containing the RS232 handler, followed immediately
by the OmniCom program.  This should now run properly, assuming the RS232
handler is suitable for your modem interface.

-John Sangster / jhs@mitre-bedford.arpa

J.Bunch@UACSC1.ALBANY.EDU (02/29/88)

Could someone pleas tell me what the key bindings for omnicom are?  I would
like to no what keys are the keypad keys...  Thanks..

							John Bunch.

andrewh@dasys1.uucp (andrew huie) (03/21/90)

What other features does Omnicom have besides 80-col vt100 emulation?  What
file transfer protocaols does it support?

--
andrew huie ( andrewh@dasys1.UUCP )    |   "I'll tell you one more thing --
Big Electric Cat Public UNIX           | boys grow up into men by being tricked

bbs00021@uafcseg.uucp (John Bunch) (03/25/90)

Omnicom supports kermit and xmodem file protocols, although I have had some
problems trying to transfer files with it.

John Bunch