[comp.sys.atari.8bit] MULE computer opponents

potter@speedway15.DAB.GE.COM (Jeff Potter) (03/17/90)

Andrew, with respect to your message:

  I've heard people rave about this game for years.  Does it require all human
  players?  Or can you play against computer opponents?

Sure! Computer opponents are always substituted when less than four human
players play.  You can even watch an all-computer-players game take place
(not too exciting, but you can determine their strategies).  Several
different strategies exist, and it looks like different computer players
play different ones (at different times :-).  Try to emulate the strategies
of the winners.

bwb00@hplisa.HP.COM (Brian Brakke) (03/23/90)

> 	Isn't MULE a four player game, requiring 4 joystick ports? For this
>reason, I had assumed that it wouldn't work on an XL.

>	Ivan Warner
>----------

MULE does run on an XL. If memory serves me, you could only have 2
human players and the computer would play the other 2.  I agree with
all previous statements about MULE.  One of the best games I ever have
played.

Brian Brakke
------------

den@hpfinote.HP.COM (Don Novy) (03/24/90)

M.U.L.E. can run on an 800XL! I have modified mine to have either 4 joysticks
or 256K of RAM. You can't have both at the same time as they share the same
hardware. I haven't used this in quite a while (hard to get a MULE group
together anymore), but it works great.

Don Novy
Hewlett-Packard
den@hpfitst2.hp.com

These comments do not represent those of my employer.

sg3401@sjfc.UUCP (Steve Gemma) (03/26/90)

In article <2230001@hplisa.HP.COM> bwb00@hplisa.HP.COM (Brian Brakke) writes:
>MULE does run on an XL. If memory serves me, you could only have 2
>human players and the computer would play the other 2.  I agree with
>all previous statements about MULE.  One of the best games I ever have
>played.
>
>Brian Brakke
>------------
I got MULE when I had my old 800, but when I upgraded to a 130XE and tried
to play, the game assumed that the two players who had no joysticks were
assumed to be human.  Since there was no way of controlling what these players
did, the game was rendered unplayable.  However, just because the game is so
great, my brothers and I disconnect our 130 and hook up the 800 just to play
MULE!

Steve Gemma

andrewh@dasys1.uucp (andrew huie) (03/28/90)

Actually, you can get 3 players out of an XL if you use paddle controllers
(remember those?) in port 2.  You MUST use a joystick in port 1, though.
--
andrew huie ( andrewh@dasys1.UUCP )    |   "I'll tell you one more thing --
Big Electric Cat Public UNIX           | boys grow up into men by being tricked