[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Improved Video Output

AJONES@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Shawn Jones) (06/16/90)

  Severaal years ago I saw a reference in a computer magazine to a mino
hardware modification which would improve the video output from (I think)
the 400 and 800xl's.  I was not able to keep the magazine or copy the
article.  Do any of you know how to make such a modification on a 1200xl?

AJones

whoffman@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Walt Hoffman) (06/16/90)

In article <12598055735018@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu> AJONES@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Shawn Jones) writes:

>  Severaal years ago I saw a reference in a computer magazine to a mino
>hardware modification which would improve the video output from (I think)
>the 400 and 800xl's.  I was not able to keep the magazine or copy the
>article.  Do any of you know how to make such a modification on a 1200xl?
>
>AJones

I dug up my archives and found the following modifications to improve the
video output on a 1200XL.

      Originally         Change to

R22      4.3K ohm           6.2K ohms

R188     910  ohm        1N914 diode with cathode towards
                                    the bridge rectifier

R163     100  ohm           150 ohm

R145      n/c               18K ohms

I don't have a 1200 XL myself but a member in our Atari Club at work did
the mod and was quite pleased.

--
Walt Hoffman -- Jet Propulsion Laboratory
whoffman@jato.jpl.nasa.gov or elroy!jato!whoffman@csvax.caltech.edu