[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Atari 8bit Hardware

cfleck@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Chuck Fleckentein) (09/11/90)

I would like to know where I should/can buy some hardware for my 800XL.
I am going to buy a disk drive, monitor, and modem.  I already have a
tape drive and 850 interface.  Please send me company names and phone #s
that I can get catalogs from......

Thanks

|\/\/\/|
|      |
|      |        ______________
| (.)(.)       /              \
C      _)      | Don't Have a |
 | ,___|    ___|  Cow, Man!   |
 |   /         \______________/
 /---\
/     \

Chuck Fleckenstein
cfleck@src.honeywell.com

clf3678@ulta.isc.rit.edu (C.L. Freemesser) (09/12/90)

In article <90745@srcsip.UUCP> cfleck@SRC.Honeywell.COM (Chuck Fleckentein) writes:
>I would like to know where I should/can buy some hardware for my 800XL.
>I am going to buy a disk drive, monitor, and modem.  I already have a
>tape drive and 850 interface.  Please send me company names and phone #s
>that I can get catalogs from......
>
>Chuck Fleckenstein
>cfleck@src.honeywell.com

One of the best places to buy peripherals is from Computer Software
Services, the folks who sell the Black Box, Super Archiver, etc.  I
know for a fact that they have disk drives and monitors in stock.  Don't
know about modems though.  This kind of stuff isn't their regular
business, though, so they don't regularly stock these items.  If they
have extras laying around, stuff they may have purchased in a quantity
at a good price, they'll be glad to it to you.

The person who will answer the phone is Ron.  Their number is
716-586-5545.  Tell Ron I sent ya.

Chris Freemesser, Rochester Institute of Technology (  THE ACORN BBS
   |||    BITNET: clf3678@ritvax                     ) (716)436-3078
   |||    Usenet: clf3678@ultb.rit.isc.edu          (  2400 baud/42 megs
  / | \   GEnie: C.FREEMESSER                        ) full Atari support

pm16579@uxa.cso.uiuc.edu (09/17/90)

  Although this company doesn't have anything that you need, ICD inc.
 is a company dedicated to 8bitters, as well as having an ST product line.
 Maybe you could get good advice on Atari-manufactured peripherals,
 as well as third-party manufacturers. The address & numbers:

     ICD, inc.
     1220 Rock Street
     Rockford, Ill 61101-1437

     voice (815) 968-2228
     BBS   (815) 968-2229, 300-9600

  Maybe I'm being naive, but I would recommend the Atari double-sided,
  double density drive (I think it's model 1551 or something). I don't
  know where to find it.

    A good idea is to pick up the COMPUTER SHOPPER, a big catalog of
  computers and related equipment. Although it has little or no info
  on Atari dealers, it's a good place to look for deals on cheap
  modems and the like (if you want to buy new stuff). Maybe it does
  have Atari 8bit dealer information; I'm not sure.

  Hope this helped.