[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Does anyone remember...?

ec0o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Edward Kyun-Hee Chang) (11/15/90)

I was just wondering,
there was this really nice looking black disk drive put out a few years
ago (5 years maybe)
that had a spring loaded plastic face lid for the front of the drive and
had all sorts of neat but
nebulous function buttons on the front with an LED 2 digit display.
It was a small company similar to Rana that put this drive out.
Does anyone remeber the name of the drive and would anyone like to sell one?

                                                   c.

entropy@mole.ai.mit.edu (Nick Castellano) (11/15/90)

In article <wbET3Iy00VIFM1S102@andrew.cmu.edu> ec0o+@andrew.cmu.edu (Edward Kyun-Hee Chang) writes:
>I was just wondering,
>there was this really nice looking black disk drive put out a few years
>ago (5 years maybe)
>that had a spring loaded plastic face lid for the front of the drive and
>had all sorts of neat but
>nebulous function buttons on the front with an LED 2 digit display.
>It was a small company similar to Rana that put this drive out.
>Does anyone remeber the name of the drive and would anyone like to sell one?

The drive is the Indus GT.  It's a great double-density drive.  The
buttons were not all that nebulous, they let you temporarily
write-protect the drive, select what was displayed on the 2-digit
display, and force a density change.  No, I don't want to sell mine.

--
  | | |   entropy@mole.ai.mit.edu
  | | |   ncastellano@{eagle.wesleyan.edu, wesleyan.bitnet}
 /  |  \  Sinkhole!dEADHEAd[@mast.citadel.moundst.mn.org] (call 203-873-8518)
/   |   \

Ordania-DM@cup.portal.com (Charles K Hughes) (11/15/90)

  The name of the drive was Indus GT.  And the answer is no, I don't wish
to sell mine. :)

Charles_K_Hughes@cup.portal.com

Yonderboy@cup.portal.com (Christopher Lee Russell) (11/17/90)

The drive you are refering to is an Indus GT... I'm sure you can find a used
on around somewhere.. I'm not sure if Indus is still around, I know they
were making drives for the ST a while back (correct?)... Anyways, good luck on
your search....     ....Yonderboy...