[comp.sys.atari.8bit] ATARI 1040ST for sale

jcs@odyssey.UUCP (j.c.schwebel) (04/16/87)

    ATARI 1040ST FOR SALE

    Atari 1040 ST (standard 1040 with 1MByte RAM, DS/DD disk drive built in)
        very good condition, problem free
    Atari SC1224 Color Monitor
    Atari SM124 High Resolution Monochrome Monitor
    Monitor A/B Switch (with audio output plug)

    with the following software:
        1ST-WORD
        Atari Basic
        Neochrome
        LOGO
        Degas Elite (fantastic paint program)
        PC/InterComm (very good VT-100 terminal emulator and communications)
        FLASH (terminal emulator)
        KERMIT & Remote Control Accessory (FLASH add-on)
        ST-Talk
        Ultima II
        Start Disks (#1,2,3,4)
        4 Public Domain Software Disks (From ACES Atari Club, 3/87)
        5 Starter Disks (from John Franco)

    all for $1000

    John C. Schwebel
    HR2F030
    AT&T Bell Labs
    480 Red Hill Rd.
    Middletown, NJ 07748
    (201)615-4782           HOME: (201)291-5750
    odyssey!jcs

gaz@apollo.HP.COM (Gary Zaidenweber) (11/17/90)

ATARI 1040ST HARDWARE and SOFTWARE PACKAGE FOR SALE

                                                    piece-price
    1040 ST with Joystick and internal                  $450
        battery-backed-up clock
    SC1224 Color Monitor                                $175
    IB Drives external 5.25" 360K floppy drive          $150
    all cables, documentation and packaging          included
                                                        ----
    total piece-price:                                  $775
                                                       <><><>
    Entire system price:                                $700

If you buy the entire system, I'll toss in, at no extra charge,
commercial programs including Wordprocessing, Drawing, Games
and "Printout" software -- I'll be happy to send details on
request. In addition, I also have about 50-60 3.5" 720K Floppies,
and something like 20 5.25" 360K floppies. Some are empty, some
filled with freeware and shareware. I'll include these too if
you buy the whole system.

I also have an Okidata Microline 92 printer with the Plug-and-Play
(IBM/EPSON-compatibility) ROM package and the High-speed Serial
Port Option -- either or both can be installed or not at your
choice. I'd like $100.00 for it, but that's negotiable too.

Please don't be too shy to email your offers for all or part
to me at 'gaz@apollo.hp.com'. Everything is negotiable.

Gary Zaidenweber         +1-508-256-6600x4360    | You're only young
Apollo Systems Division, Hewlett Packard Company | once, but if you
UUCP:   {umix|decvax|mit-eddie}!apollo!gaz       | do it right,
ARPA:   gaz@apollo.HP.COM FAX: +1-508-250-4943   | once is enough!

Ordania-DM@cup.portal.com (Charles K Hughes) (11/17/90)

Gary writes:
 <to misc.forsale, comp.sys.atari.st, this group and at least one other>
>ATARI 1040ST HARDWARE and SOFTWARE PACKAGE FOR SALE
  [rest deleted because I don't give a damn.]

  Is there a reason you are posting it to this group?  Most people on the net
have some smattering of intelligence (otherwise they wouldn't be on the net,
see?) so, if someone was looking to buy a used ST, where do you think they
would look?  In the 8bit group?  Hardly.  We are diehard 8-bitters here
and most of us resent this type of intrusion.  The only possible excuse
for your posting this here is if you had finally given up on the ST and
were looking on trading up to an 8-bit.  If this is not the case, keep
your ST's corralled where they belong - comp.sys.atari.st

>Gary Zaidenweber         +1-508-256-6600x4360    | You're only young
>Apollo Systems Division, Hewlett Packard Company | once, but if you
>UUCP:   {umix|decvax|mit-eddie}!apollo!gaz       | do it right,
>ARPA:   gaz@apollo.HP.COM FAX: +1-508-250-4943   | once is enough!

Thanks
Charles_K_Hughes@cup.portal.com

kimes@cbnewsc.att.com (Kit Kimes) (11/17/90)

From article <36008@cup.portal.com>, by (Charles K Hughes):

>   Is there a reason you are posting it to this group?  Most people on the net
> have some smattering of intelligence (otherwise they wouldn't be on the net,
> see?) so, if someone was looking to buy a used ST, where do you think they
> would look?  In the 8bit group?  Hardly.  We are diehard 8-bitters here
> and most of us resent this type of intrusion.

Easy Charles, you'll make the fellow feel unwelcome.  :-)

Actually, I probably would have done the same thing.  Who better to offer
an ST to than present owners of Atari 8bit equipment?  (it is considered
an upgrade by most people).  I'm a die hard 8bitter too, but I'm sure
I'll move into the 16bit world one of these days, probably with an ST.
I don't consider it an intrusion, even though I'm not looking for an
ST now.  If someone had posted a forsale message for an IBM PC, then
I would have been upset!

Kit Kimes
AT&T Bell Labs
Naperville, IL