[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Sparta Dos 3.2 and Happy Enhancement

rrwood@contact.uucp (roy wood) (11/16/90)

I'm trying to convince Sparta Dos to work with my Happy-enhanced 1050 (or is
it the other way around?).  I know it is possible to set the Happy 1050 in
U.S. Doubler emulator mode, but it's a pain to have to boot with Warpspeed
7.0, set US emu, then reboot with Sparta.  Ideally, I'd like to get a .COM
file that sets US emu mode, and run it at startup.

I will gladly write such a program myself and post it if someone would be
kind enough to provide the technical info regarding what SIO commands the
Happy is expecting.  Even better, if someone could provide me with the
new address/phone for Happy computers, I will order the tech. manual and
do it all myself (the phone number listed in my Happy docs connects me to
a Dentist's office in California!).

And finally-- is there some sort of a public source of Sparta utility
programs?  And if there is, why aren't they also on atari.archive?  And
did the crash of Atari.archive affect the 8-bit software too?

-Roy Wood

kimes@cbnewsc.att.com (Kit Kimes) (11/17/90)

From article <1990Nov16.151126.19691@contact.uucp>, by (roy wood):

> And finally-- is there some sort of a public source of Sparta utility
> programs?

There are quite a few SpartaDOS utilities on GEnie and I would imagine
on CompuServe too.  The file name doesn't always give a good indication
that they work with SD.  You will have to look at the long descriptions.
I have a lot of them on some PD disks that I got from our Users
Group but I can't get to them now.  A couple that come to mine
are 'wedge' and 'wedge2'.  There are many more.

Kit Kimes
AT&T Bell Labs
Naperville, IL
...!att!iwtsa!kimes

kurt@ritcsh.cs.rit.edu (Kurt Mosiejczuk) (11/19/90)

In article <1990Nov16.151126.19691@contact.uucp> rrwood@contact.uucp (roy wood) writes:

>I'm trying to convince Sparta Dos to work with my Happy-enhanced 1050 (or is
>it the other way around?).  I know it is possible to set the Happy 1050 in
>U.S. Doubler emulator mode, but it's a pain to have to boot with Warpspeed
>7.0, set US emu, then reboot with Sparta.  Ideally, I'd like to get a .COM
>file that sets US emu mode, and run it at startup.

  I am not exactly sure who wrote it, but I know that someone wrote a .COM
file called USMULTR that does just that for happies. I think I know where to
get it around here. I will see what I can do. If anyone else wants it, maybe I
will post it, otherwise, I will email it.

!	"But what man is entirely without evil intent in the          !
!		silence of his soul?" -- Pawn of Prophecy	      !
!						by David Eddings      !
! Kurt Mosiejczuk			      kurt@ritcsh.csh.rit.edu !
!			Computer Science House			      !