[comp.sys.atari.8bit] "ST for sale!" ad in 8-bit msg area

Bryan_Jones_Woodworth@cup.portal.com (11/22/90)

I see nothing wrong with posting "ST for sale" messages in the 8bit section.
While I do not encourage it (all computers "for sale" should *logically*
(big smiley here! 8-D) be posted to the specific "computers for sale" area),
I do see the sense in posting a ST ad in the 8bit section.

As Ordania-DM@cup.portal.com pointed out very clearly, the ST is the logical
upgrade from the 8bit.  This is why I agree that the ST ad should not be
blasted for appearing here.

Bryan_Jones_Woodworth@cup.portal.com

Ordania-DM@cup.portal.com (Charles K Hughes) (11/22/90)

  I gotta flame him a little... :)

  Bryan writes:
>I see nothing wrong with posting "ST for sale" messages in the 8bit section.
>While I do not encourage it (all computers "for sale" should *logically*
>(big smiley here! 8-D) be posted to the specific "computers for sale" area),
>I do see the sense in posting a ST ad in the 8bit section.
>
>As Ordania-DM@cup.portal.com pointed out very clearly, the ST is the logical

  Should be "did not in any way shape or form point out, the ST..."

>upgrade from the 8bit.  This is why I agree that the ST ad should not be
>blasted for appearing here.

  The ST is not the *logical* upgrade.  The Amiga is.  The smart upgrade
(for the average 8-bit user) is an IBM compatible (great value at a
great price with great support).  The few remaining 8-bit users tend to be
die-hards, like the TI99, and ADAM groups are.

Charles_K_Hughes@cup.portal.com