[comp.sys.atari.8bit] desperately need vt100 comm program!

nin15b0b@merrimack.edu (David E. Sheafer, Class of 1989) (12/23/90)

In article <AD901822.90Dec22163214@crestone.longs.lance.Colostate.Edu>, ad901822@longs.lance.Colostate.Edu (Austin Dieckmann) writes:
> We've got an Atari XE at home that we want to use to call our local
> terminal server, but we don't have any software that supports vt100.
> Could somebody please tell me where I can get such a program
> (preferably public domain of course)?
> thanks in advance!
>
> Austin

     There are a few vt100 emulators out there.  The best one I have come
across is Kermit65 by John R. Dunning.  It is public domain and is availabl
at Atari.Archive.Umich.Edu.  If you don't know how to access the Atari Archive
post a message or email and I'll tell you to do it.

     Out of curiosity, what type of system do you want to call into (unix,vax)
and what kind of modem are you using.

--
David E. Sheafer

 nin15b0b@merrimack.edu

        or

 samsung!hubdub!nin15b0b

ad901822@longs.lance.Colostate.Edu (Austin Dieckmann) (12/23/90)

We've got an Atari XE at home that we want to use to call our local
terminal server, but we don't have any software that supports vt100.
Could somebody please tell me where I can get such a program
(preferably public domain of course)?
thanks in advance!

Austin

jtmorgan@brahms.udel.edu (James Morgan) (12/27/90)

Please post here houw to access the archive to get the vt100
emulation program.

Thanks in advance.

rts@polari.UUCP (Randy Seacat) (12/27/90)

Couldnt someone uuencode a term prog. here? It wouldnt be that large.
There are a few good vt100/52 emulators, vt10sq/Chemilion/Kermit65 etc..

I would suggest kermit 65, or Chemilion. Good luck...