[comp.sys.atari.8bit] BASIC programming

ebm@zinn.MV.COM (Eric Mallett) (01/08/91)

I've lost my manual for programming in BASIC on the Atari 800XL, and I
was wondering if someone could tell me how to make sounds on this
computer in BASIC. The BASIC language comes already in the computer.

techno@lime.in-berlin.de (Frank G. Dahncke) (01/10/91)

ebm@zinn.MV.COM (Eric Mallett) writes:

>I've lost my manual for programming in BASIC on the Atari 800XL, and I
>was wondering if someone could tell me how to make sounds on this
>computer in BASIC. The BASIC language comes already in the computer.

The command used is SOUND.

Syntax:

Ranges:

voice: 0-3
pitch: 0-255
distortion: 0-15
volume: 0-15

Example:

10 FOR I=0 TO 255
20 SOUND 1,I,10,12 : REM pure tone using voice #1
30 NEXT I
40 SOUND 1,0,0,0 : REM turn off voice #1, NOTE: only volume must be set to 0
50 END

           Hope this helps,

                         Techno

--