[comp.sys.atari.8bit] Track ball

asgardia@unixland.uucp (Craig Rothman) (01/09/91)

What do you mean about missile command and track balls?
Is there a secret command to make itwork better with one?
Ive got the track ball, and would be interested in this.

-craig
BITNET: Obsidia@rcn.bitnet

art@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Arthur L Miller) (01/12/91)

In article <8ZsHV3w163w@unixland.uucp> asgardia@unixland.uucp (Craig Rothman) writes:
>What do you mean about missile command and track balls?
>Is there a secret command to make itwork better with one?
>Ive got the track ball, and would be interested in this.

On Missile Command, you can type Ctrl-T immed. after startup to switch
into Trak-Ball mode.  It really grooves with a trak-ball!  Unfortunately,
I think MC is the only game that really utilized the trak-ball's abilities--
no other game I have offers the same result.

Maybe it's Shift-T or something else with a T; it's been awhile.
Hope this works for you...

Art

whoffman@jato.jpl.nasa.gov (Walt Hoffman) (01/15/91)

In article <2536@casbah.acns.nwu.edu> art@casbah.acns.nwu.edu (Arthur L Miller) writes:

>On Missile Command, you can type Ctrl-T immed. after startup to switch
>into Trak-Ball mode.  It really grooves with a trak-ball!  Unfortunately,
>I think MC is the only game that really utilized the trak-ball's abilities--
>no other game I have offers the same result.

You can also use the ST mouse as well as a trak ball for Missle Command.  I
don't of any other games that use the trak ball mode either.  Millipede works
surprisingly well though in the joystick mode of the trak ball..

--
Walt Hoffman -- Jet Propulsion Laboratory
whoffman@jato.jpl.nasa.gov or elroy!jato!whoffman@csvax.caltech.edu

jorgy@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Eric R. Jorgensen) (01/15/91)

In article <8ZsHV3w163w@unixland.uucp> asgardia@unixland.uucp (Craig Rothman) writes:
>What do you mean about missile command and track balls?
>Is there a secret command to make itwork better with one?
>Ive got the track ball, and would be interested in this.
>
>-craig
>BITNET: Obsidia@rcn.bitnet

Yes.  By hitting CTRL-T and setting your trak ball to Trak Ball mode.

jorgy

Eric R. Jorgensen		         internet: jorgy@boulder.colorado.edu
University of Colorado, Boulder          uucp: ...!{ncar|nbires}!boulder!jorgy
Unixops/Distributed Computing Services   bitnet:   jorgy@colorado.BITNET
"Women.  Can't live with 'em, pass the beer nuts." -- Norm on Cheers